1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Haines, Alaska

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by italy74, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Hi guys,

just seen tonight at a documentary on tv, I thought for some of you could be an interesting shooting opportunity; near Anchorage there's a place called "The Eagles' Spot" where a woman feeds HUNDREDS of bald eagles during a certain period of the year so that some photographers go there and shoot for free. Then, the ill ones are cured by a local "eagle hospital" that leave them free after a while into the "Eagle Valley" near the Chiricata (?) river/creek in south-eastern Alaska, near Haines, 700 miles from Anchorage.
    They also showed the big national park situated on Vancouver island with black bears and other wild animals.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Think I have seen that along the way.
    Fantastic

3. joyce

joyce Guest

The lady feeding eagles is in Homer; her name is Jeannie I think. The other spot you heard about on the program is the Chilkat River near Haines.

4. Yes, Jeannie is the name of the lady: she has big glasses and red messy hairs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.