Haitian protest & Jackie Gleason's grave

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Wilk, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    No... there isn't a tie in to the two subjects :biggrin: I just don't care for making more posts than necessary, so I'm putting a few of the Gleason grave pics in this thread... dunno if they fit the topic perfectly but what the heck.

Of all the protests I cover, the Haitians are easily my favorite. There just is no other group I've seen that bring so much passion and commitment to the table. Some (many?) including this dedicated group of Haitians in SoFla are firmly against the coupe' of Aristeed, and all the political trappings of the new regime. They have been protesting lately about the arrest and jailing of Father Jean-Juste, which is the focus of this protest.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And... away we go

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More stuff in my InBox as usual - site link in my sig.

2. The do look like they are getting into this protest. Well taken images that show a lot of emotion.

3. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Thanks Gordon,

Would that every such event I cover had the same, but you get what you get... the Haitians always seem to give the most where emotion is concerned.

4. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Very expressive shots. Good work. Hope to see more of it. I like your documentaries on public protests.

5. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Hi Heiko,

Thanks very much for the encouragement. It's been pretty quiet on the protest front here last couple weeks, but I'm way behind on my PP work, and will have some fresh content in a few days, and more some time after that. I haven't seen any more haitian events since this one, which is a shame becuase they are by far the most expressive and emotional - I love these people!