Haleakala NP

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by davewolfs, Jul 9, 2007.

1. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
    Great place to hike and visit!

All shot with D200 and Zeiss 35/2 except for last. This was shot with 12-24.

C&C welcome.

Dave

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nice shots. I like the high contrast, particularly in the first one.

3. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi dave-

i made my first visit to haleakala last year, but didn't get to hike the crater. your photos make me wish i'd done that, but there's always the next time. thanks for sharing them.

ricky

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful images

5. Nice pics. A truly awesome place to visit.

6. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
    My wife and I visited earlier and like yourself we regretted not doing the hike. If you go, bring as little gear as possible. The hike itself is around 12 miles and around 3 miles of this is uphill, ironically, the uphill part is the final stretch which makes it even more difficult. By the end of the hike I was HURTING!!! But it was well worth it.

7. AISBLE

AISBLE

Nov 29, 2006
    RI
    Wonderful job Dave, I was there in 1998 and again in 2000. One of the most beautiful places i've ever been. I like the one of the plant, if I remember correctly it's a sliversword and it's the only place it grows.
    Makes me want to go back. :smile:

8. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
    Yes, I believe the silversword is endimic to the area. As you can see this Silversword is in full bloom. This is something that only happens once every 50 years. After this they die.

Glad you folks enjoy the shots.

Dave

9. brianw

brianw

Feb 25, 2007
    Bo'ness, Scotland
    Great shots Dave, especially the first one
    Regards,,Brian

10. Great shots!

Anthony

11. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS