Half of Half Dome

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Desert Rat, Nov 4, 2005.

1. While in Yosemite this past May, I was up near Curry Village shooting some bucks that were in velvet. Surprisingly, there were about half a dozen bucks grazing together along the road.

While getting my gear out of the car I turned around and saw this view of half dome in Yosemite.. I had my 300mm and 1.4x TC on the camera and just looked through the viewfinder and liked what I saw so i took a few images..

Enjoy

Comments and Critiques welcome

2. Eric, I'm so glad you've joined the Cafe! You really have a nice variety of shots and each so far has been top notch. This one is no exception! I really like it. It's very different!!

3. Very nice and very creative.
    Dave

4. Hi Eric this is a wonderful photograph. The mountain almost looks like it's draped in a river of gold!
    Fantastic lighting. You were very fortunate to have been there and seen it in real life.

Graeme :smile:

5. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Beautiful color and light. I wish I was there too. Keep posting more of this.

6. Thanks Everyone.. Sorry for the late reply...

7. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Desert Rat

Beautiful !

Regards

RFC

8. Eric....I really like this...the colours...and the effect are great!

bohdan bob

9. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Love the texture brought out by the warm sidelighting, as well a the trees silhouetted on the hill. Very nice.

10. Thanks Robert, jeff and Bob...

Just turned around after getting my camera ready from the car and there it was.. Only had my 300mm with converter on the camera so I fired away.

This is one of those examples of long lens landscape photos I like doing now and then...