Hallelujah!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Uncle Frank, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Sometimes things just work out.

The Beast (my new 28-70/2.8 ) is due to arrive on Wednesday, but my d70 has been stuck in the Nikon Torrance
    repair facility for 10 days with a status of "inshop". I've been fretting about how I can test the lens, because the
    seller, Alkit, only offers a 48 hour return privilege.

So I called Nikon a few minutes ago to see if I could beg or bribe them into getting to work on my camera, and
    found out that it's already repaired and in shipping :lol: :eek: :D :lol:.

If things go according to plan, both the camera and The Beast will arrive on Wednesday. Hallelujah!

2. Frank,

Glad to hear that. Things are happening for you. Please report back with your comments on "the Beast".

3. Thanks, Jay! Rest assured you'll see a lot of shots from The Beast later this week 8).

4. That lens is on my "must get" list in the next month or so. Best of luck with it!

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Frank,

It's a good thing that I'm into shooting birdies, cause you are making my mouth water. :?

I hope everything comes together as planned. Unless the lens is a dog though, I think you will be OK in any case. :wink:

Good luck,

Frank

6. Thanks, Diver! I'm surprised you're hot on the 28-70, though. It's a "people" lens, and I didn't
    get the impression that was one of your interests from viewing your gallery.

Underwater weddings? :wink:

7. I'll do anything I can to help you spend your money, Frank :p.

It's only fair. You and the Merrit Island gang have me dreaming about 200-400VR zooms and d2h bodies :?.

8. billT

billT Guest

Hi Frank,

Is that the 29-70 AFS you are getting? It is fantastic. I use it for portrait work a lot. Too bad it is a bit on the heavy (for me that is) side.

BillT.

9. Ah ha!! Can't tell a book by it's cover! :D

Actually I have images in 2 CD's by 2 different bands, the 3rd due out any day and posters on a couple bands they use for publicity. Also have done a few weddings, photos for anniversary parties, etc, etc. I try only to do a few bands now and then, I am not big on the other stuff above anymore.

Give me a bird in flight or a fish underwater now and I can relax and enjoy. 8)

10. Thanks for the input, Bill. I have great hopes for The Beast as a portrait and event lens.

After lugging the 80-200 around for 8 months, The Beast feels as light as a feather 8).

11. celia bule

celia bule Guest

That´s what I call luck ( or you can say that your guardian angel is looking after you). Looking forward to see the pics taken with your new lens.

12. Congratulations with your purchase, Frank! This is a focal length that I use lots. I have the 35-70 1:2.8 and love it. Not as sexy a body, but absolutely a performer.
    I have been lusting for the 28-70 1:2.8 often, but so far reason has always prevailed. How much longer....?? :)
    I am afraid that your imminent posting of results with it will once again stir up my LL hormones......

13. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    frank, enjoy the new lense..its fast, quiet, sharp...man, with the hood on its quite a lense...

please share some images with it too..

congrats!

14. SOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
    What happened :? Did you get'em :roll:
    How's da beast :lol:
    Tell us, tell us...

I'm gonna have my change to face the beast on Saturday... :D

15. Panos, it's still early morning in California... 6:50AM as I write this.

I checked, and Beastie is out on the UPS truck for delivered today. Nikon repair center shipped my d70 from southern California on Monday, but I've got no way of tracking it. It should arrive today or tomorrow.

I'll keep you updated.

16. Talk about Convergence and Luck! I just called Nikon and got the tracking number for my d70,
    and it's on the same UPS truck as the 28-70/2.8!!! To make it even better, my shipment from
    Adorama, which includes a UV filter for Beastie, will be delivered today as well, but on a different
    truck.

This is so cool! 8) :lol: :p :)

17. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Sounds like you sir, are all a-tingle :D!

18. What if there your truck was involved in an accident?
    Maybe space debris fell on it?
    Or it was hijacked by aliens?
    or...or...or... :wink:

19. None of that will happen today, Panos; I'm on a roll :p.

I'll tell you how good it is. I bought a stock last night, right at the bottom, and it's gone up enough today to pay for the lens and filter 8).

As soon as the camera/lens get here, I'm headed out to buy a Lottery ticket.

20. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Congrats UF. My beastie is on its UPS truck from Sunnyvale too. I am working from home in anticipation.