Hallowed Ground - A Veteran's Final Resting Place

These images were taken in Cave Hill National Cemetery. This National Cemetery resides inside Cave Hill Cemetery in Louisville Ky. It's the burial site for over 5,500 veterans killed in the Civil War and other Amercian Wars.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.gif

View attachment 473083

original.jpg

original.jpg

View attachment 473089

Thank you to all who have served....very moving images.

Brian

Thanks to all the Vets for all you have done and gave.

Totally agree! Nice colors!

Thanks for looking. Also, thanks to those who have served and especially to those young men & women that are currently serving.

Seeing and walking among those buried here was truly a moving experience. I got there early in the morning and was the only one there the entire time I was shooting.

Those are excellent photos. They really make you stop and think. From just a photographic perspective, I really like number 5
Joe

Moving, Great Color,

terrific composition and colors!

Those are excellent photos. They really make you stop and think. From just a photographic perspective, I really like number 5
Joe

Fantastic series!

Well Done!

Thanks to all of you for your comments. Really appreciate them. As I said before, I got there early in the morning and was the only one there, and as I walked thru the gravesites photographing them, it makes one think of what our Veterans have given us.

I would someday like to visit the graves of WWII at Normandy.

Beautifully shot Ken.

I had an idea of doing this at a local Civil War cemetery on Veterans day as well, but was swamped with other plans.

Beautifully shot Ken.

I had an idea of doing this at a local Civil War cemetery on Veterans day as well, but was swamped with other plans.

Thnaks Dez. I really enjoy visiting the National Cemeterys, especially on Memorial Day weekend when there flags placed in front of each headstone.

very nice images, but looks like you have done something to the flag in the last image and it has left a line above it???

Latest threads

Top Bottom