Halloween - What's Everyone Doing?

I suggested to have a large bucket with the concierge here in the estate, next to the hand sanitizer dispenser.
Not all parents are happy with this.
While all like the idea of giving kids sweets, some are very concerned about a bucket of sweets with kids’ hands fiddling with them.

We have a lot of mountain lions activity here lately , they will eat the kids before kids can eat any candies ! :eek: 👀

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We always stay home and hand out candy. Not really sure what the numbers will look like this year so we got about half as much candy as we normally give out. As for giving it out, not sure if we will hand it like like we used to or just put it in a bowl and hope for the best.
The wife and I settled on handing out small bags of potato chips and fritos that we buy at Sams club.
We thought about putting it in a bowl but that would involve too many hands touching it. Not too sure the parents would appreciate that. I know I wouldn't if we had little ones. We are going to wear masks and gloves and hand them out individually. Once its in their bag, it's theirs. No returns but cheerfully give them another of the flavor they really want.

Making cocktails, getting sugared up and being loud and scary to annoy my neighbors until 10pm on Halloween! :D

We have decorations up and we're all wearing costumes from the comfort of our own home!

Very scary time 🎃
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
EDITED TO ADD:
We had ~35 trick-or-treaters on Friday night. The rain stopped around noon, which allowed me to set up more things outside, although still not everything I wanted to set up.

Here is what I set up and had running. It's a whirlwind of a day but I enjoy it.

The only time it's really tough is when the weather is "iffy" (like today) and it rains all day and I can't put the outdoor stuff up. It's supposed to have already stopped raining here, according to the weather service, but it's still drizzling quite a bit. None of my electronics are waterproof, so I'll be waiting until the last minute to get everything set up. :mad:

Last edited:
My wife tells me that the consensus of those on the listserv in our neighborhood is that most families with children will do Halloween but will keep it limited to each family's property, whether allowing the kids to get candy in an Easter Egg hunt, a scavenger hunt or something similar. So, we have decided not to put any candy out for the kids in the neighborhood. We have no children so we'll be making the supreme sacrifice of enjoying Halloween probably by reading in the back room of our home while sipping a glass of wine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My wife and I decided to sit on our front porch and hand out small bags of chips and Doritos keeping a reasonable distance and we wore masks and gloves. .
We usually get about 100 trick or treaters.
This year only 6.
I guess that's to be expected we just weren't sure exactly how it would turn out.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
'Twas October 31, and all thru the night;
Not a creature was stirring;
And no trick or treaters in sight...
In other words, it was cemetery quiet in my neighborhood last night. No one was out and about.

Also very quiet at our home. Our home looked the same from the outside as it looks every night except that we raised a shade to display a jack o lantern and we turned off the two outside lights at the front door and the sidewalk. Not a single knock on the door. We only saw one child doing the rounds and that was while it was still bright outside. Normally there are lots of kids wandering through the neighborhood on Halloween but not this year.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom