Hamburg railway station

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by IRDutch, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Hi all,

I brought a friend to the airport of Hamburg and decided to stay there for one day. I booked a room in a hotel, bought a metro/tram ticket that is valid for 9 hours and visited the city. In the late afternoon i arrived at the main railway station and decided to take some pictures there. Here are the results. I hope you like them.

374593530_ahLUP-O.

374593527_XuqFw-O.

374593570_2sFMe-O.

374593592_sUmCC-O.

374593615_3SnbQ-O.

374593631_EXWrm-O.

Gert-Jan

2. Nice set, although I do prefer the colour.

3. Nice captures, Gert-Jan.
    I'm generally not a big fan of b&w, but railway stations
    with their many clear lines seem to be calling for it.

4. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Nice shots. I prefer the color version, but the composition of all of them is very good. I was at that station in February and liked it a lot, too.

5. These images bring back some memories, have been through there many times. Often travelled on the ICE train as in #1.
    You have captured the atmosphere well, I found it a pretty bland place but like all major stations there is a certain buzz of travellers.
    Thanks for posting them.

6. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

Philips is the sponsor i see.

7. Thanks all for the replies.

I send them a bill but they refused to pay :wink:

Gert-Jan

8. Great series and nice shots of a fascinating place. I am always impressed by the train stains of Europe, Madrid's Atoch comes to mind. On a smaller scale, they could be modern day cathedrals to technology.

9. Hi Gert-Jan,
    Nice series well done

10. A very good series, I personally prefer the B&W shots, the rail lines and patterns formed by the windows and glass roof work well IMO.

11. Tom, Arthur and Kevin. Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it. Pictures were made at ISO800. I tried to focus at an object not to far away for maximum depth of field. All pictures were made without a tripod or monopod. I am happy with the results.

Gert-Jan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.