Hamburg railway station

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by IRDutch, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Hi all,

I brought a friend to the airport of Hamburg and decided to stay there for one day. I booked a room in a hotel, bought a metro/tram ticket that is valid for 9 hours and visited the city. In the late afternoon i arrived at the main railway station and decided to take some pictures there. Here are the results. I hope you like them.

374593530_ahLUP-O.jpg

374593527_XuqFw-O.jpg

374593570_2sFMe-O.jpg

374593592_sUmCC-O.jpg

374593615_3SnbQ-O.jpg

374593631_EXWrm-O.jpg

Gert-Jan

2. Nice set, although I do prefer the colour.

3. Nice captures, Gert-Jan.
    I'm generally not a big fan of b&w, but railway stations
    with their many clear lines seem to be calling for it.

4. Love that first shot!

5. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Nice shots. I prefer the color version, but the composition of all of them is very good. I was at that station in February and liked it a lot, too.

6. These images bring back some memories, have been through there many times. Often travelled on the ICE train as in #1.
    You have captured the atmosphere well, I found it a pretty bland place but like all major stations there is a certain buzz of travellers.
    Thanks for posting them.

7. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

Philips is the sponsor i see.

8. Thanks all for the replies.

I send them a bill but they refused to pay :wink:

Gert-Jan

9. Great series and nice shots of a fascinating place. I am always impressed by the train stains of Europe, Madrid's Atoch comes to mind. On a smaller scale, they could be modern day cathedrals to technology.

10. Hi Gert-Jan,
    Nice series well done

11. A very good series, I personally prefer the B&W shots, the rail lines and patterns formed by the windows and glass roof work well IMO.

12. Tom, Arthur and Kevin. Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it. Pictures were made at ISO800. I tried to focus at an object not to far away for maximum depth of field. All pictures were made without a tripod or monopod. I am happy with the results.

Gert-Jan