Handcuffs Are Ready

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Removed User 1, Dec 4, 2005.

1. I followed the street preachers on Saturday night for another round in Miami Beach. The police have had enough and there were three encounters. On the first I saw the plastic handcuffs being counted and ready. You can see them in this shot. Nothing happend but the police did get some video. Rest of the images are atop this collection. http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/repent

2. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Boy, they look a really aggro bunch, I am not surprised the police came out for a looksee. Clearly these "preachers" have taken a leaf from the old style misssionary book, when you could ram the Word down a heathen throat at the end of a bayonet. I am always amazed a the gall of the zealot, of whatever genre. That is an awesome if daunting collection of "moments" there, and thank you for letting us walk along with you.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    It is easy to assume what might be going on in that image, but the intensity is captured well.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I took a good look at your Pbase gallery and the protesters definately are a motivated bunch of folks. I feel bad for the police officer, who only wants to get through his shift without any significant problems. He looks composed, at least in the images that you posted. Great street shooting!

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Nice shot.

It does look however like the officer doesn't have a magazine in his service weapon!!! Surely my eyes are just playing tricks on me with the shadow detail but it sure looks that way.

6. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

It wouldn't be the first time someone showed up for duty without bullets in their gun!

7. Hey, c'mon guys, even Barney Fife had 1 bullet :wink: :wink:

8. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Patrick I think the shadow/reflection is playing tricks, locked and ready.:wink:
    Very intense and confrontational. Why? I thought the idea was to persuade.
    That aside, an interesting and thought provoking collection of images.
    If I may add my own T shirt motto. "Jesus saves........but the Mongol Hordes".:smile:

9. patrick, I think you may be right, though lookign lcose up it could be either way...
    however I've noticed a LOT of the cops down in Miami, the beach, Coral Gables, and South Miami are now carrying what appears to be a Taser on a second holster on their left front side.

10. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    The police lady is looking right at the camera. Nice shot!

11. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Nice shot! I looked at your gallery - oh man, these preachers are really into something. That's a good photo story you got there.

12. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Patrick, well spotted, you can see the retaining lug. That is either one relaxed officer or a very lax officer. Perhaps the beach area encourages that?:eek:

13. It appears to me that a magazine is in the weapon. I think what you see is the button on the magazine floor plate that allows the magazine to be disassembled.

35 + years of experience creeping in.

Russ

14. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    I thought that originally Russ, but when I blew it up in PS it did look as if the clip was missing. I have to admit there's no way I would walk around there without it being ready to use. Some of those folks are on short fuses.:eek:

I still had a mag until recently and I see your point about the dimple. (no pun intended):biggrin:

15. Another shot blown up showing the clip is there. Notice how using noise reduction worked on the flesh but not their clothing.

16. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Doh! Yet another beer owed.:smile: