1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Handful off the streets last year...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Man-Fai Wong, Mar 25, 2005.

1. I don't shoot flowers too much, but here are a handful I came across off the "streets" of NYC last year. :D  Please do let me know what y'all think.

One of my earliest shots w/ the D70 last spring -- yes, colors were tweaked substantially. :D 

27354482.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Duality?

View attachment 6599

I know. I really should reprocess this one, but I've been too lazy. :oops: 

View attachment 6600

View attachment 6601

More duos?

View attachment 6602

View attachment 6603

Not sure this really belongs in a flowers section, but it's got flowers. :roll: :D 

View attachment 6604

Not actually flowers, but some hanging leaves instead...

View attachment 6605

Kind regards,

_Man_

2. The daffodil's are beautiful with vibrant color and good composition. I also like the tulips in image #5 and #7. Image #2, #3, and #4 lack the pop that would make them special. Good bee photo and leaves. Now get out there and find some for this year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. Good shots Man!! :)  :)  :) 

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Wow! This image is really well constructed! The perfect focus is offset so well by the background. Even the geometric bokeh-balls add to it's symmetry.

5. Thanks, guys, for the kind feedback.

Gordon, I understand what you mean about the lack of "pop" in #3 and #4, and I did not really intend for them to "wow" although #4 could probably use a touch more contrast anyway. :D  But I'm not sure I understand the same comment for #2 though. Can you elaborate a little on how it could have more "pop" (at least w/out becoming surreal?)? Actually, I guess a few of the others w/ "pop" do already border on surreal, so maybe that's where the answer lies...

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

_Man_

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.