Handful off the streets last year...

I don't shoot flowers too much, but here are a handful I came across off the "streets" of NYC last year. :D Please do let me know what y'all think.

One of my earliest shots w/ the D70 last spring -- yes, colors were tweaked substantially. :D

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Duality?

View attachment 6599

I know. I really should reprocess this one, but I've been too lazy. :oops:

View attachment 6600

View attachment 6601

More duos?

View attachment 6602

View attachment 6603

Not sure this really belongs in a flowers section, but it's got flowers. :roll: :D

View attachment 6604

Not actually flowers, but some hanging leaves instead...

View attachment 6605

Kind regards,

_Man_

The daffodil's are beautiful with vibrant color and good composition. I also like the tulips in image #5 and #7. Image #2, #3, and #4 lack the pop that would make them special. Good bee photo and leaves. Now get out there and find some for this year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Real Name
Chris
Man-Fai Wong said:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Wow! This image is really well constructed! The perfect focus is offset so well by the background. Even the geometric bokeh-balls add to it's symmetry.

Thanks, guys, for the kind feedback.

Gordon, I understand what you mean about the lack of "pop" in #3 and #4, and I did not really intend for them to "wow" although #4 could probably use a touch more contrast anyway. :D But I'm not sure I understand the same comment for #2 though. Can you elaborate a little on how it could have more "pop" (at least w/out becoming surreal?)? Actually, I guess a few of the others w/ "pop" do already border on surreal, so maybe that's where the answer lies...

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

_Man_

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom