Handful off the streets last year...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Man-Fai Wong, Mar 25, 2005.

1. I don't shoot flowers too much, but here are a handful I came across off the "streets" of NYC last year. :D Please do let me know what y'all think.

One of my earliest shots w/ the D70 last spring -- yes, colors were tweaked substantially. :D

Duality?

View attachment 6599

I know. I really should reprocess this one, but I've been too lazy. :oops:

View attachment 6600

View attachment 6601

More duos?

View attachment 6602

View attachment 6603

Not sure this really belongs in a flowers section, but it's got flowers. :roll: :D

View attachment 6604

Not actually flowers, but some hanging leaves instead...

View attachment 6605

Kind regards,

_Man_

2. The daffodil's are beautiful with vibrant color and good composition. I also like the tulips in image #5 and #7. Image #2, #3, and #4 lack the pop that would make them special. Good bee photo and leaves. Now get out there and find some for this year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. Good shots Man!! :) :) :)

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Wow! This image is really well constructed! The perfect focus is offset so well by the background. Even the geometric bokeh-balls add to it's symmetry.

5. Thanks, guys, for the kind feedback.

Gordon, I understand what you mean about the lack of "pop" in #3 and #4, and I did not really intend for them to "wow" although #4 could probably use a touch more contrast anyway. :D But I'm not sure I understand the same comment for #2 though. Can you elaborate a little on how it could have more "pop" (at least w/out becoming surreal?)? Actually, I guess a few of the others w/ "pop" do already border on surreal, so maybe that's where the answer lies...

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

_Man_