Critique Handpicked

My next-door neighbor handpicked these strawberries yesterday morning. Now that I've made the photo, I get to eat them. Yummy!

Setup
The tabletop is black velvet. A small continuous-light lamp in the right rear area was pointing upward to a white reflector in the left front area, which was at a 45-degree angle to the tabletop. A polarizer eliminated glare on the bowl.

Focus Stacking
11 focus-bracketed captures at Nikon step size 3. Stacked in Helicon Focus at the default settings.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You are making me hungry.
This is one of those images that make me think I am actually looking at the real thing "through" my monitor.
Few other art forms try to make us think we are looking at the actual event, oil paintings never look like the real thing.
Photography can do that, if it is done very very well, as it is here.
Gary

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Dan!

the black setting really makes the color pop
When my neighbor that gave me the strawberries saw the photo, she liked it so much that she wished she had given the strawberries to me in a nicer bowl. (It's just a cheap, plastic bowl.) I explained to her that upon seeing the berries and bowl, I immediately knew I would want to include a totally black background in the photo. Ironically, if she had given them to me in a really nice bowl, I might have used a less effective background color and the bowl itself as a photography prop might not have been as effective.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom