Hands across the border.

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Bohdan, Oct 10, 2005.

1. It's Thanksgiving in Canada today...and my wife told me to take a hike..so I said yeah lets...1 1/2 hrs later we reached the top of a lookout at the Pidgeon River border between Ontario and Minnesota..and what colours!!!!

[​IMG]

We could easily see across into the U.S. from here..

[​IMG]

The top of the ridge-rounded summit is where we ended up
    [​IMG]

bohdan

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    That first shot is stunning! Looks like the air was chilly today up there....it's been "cooler" here, but not near cold yet. And our leaves haven't reached that beautiful color either....it's still just a cooler version of late summer around here...i know autumn is just around the corner for us---the days are getting shorter, the air is drier, the nights are cooler and it is starting to feel like soup weather. Thanks so much for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving Day to you!

3. Thanks Leigh...by the time we got up there...layers of clothing were coming off...warm day....

Bohdan

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Wonderful way to spend a special day. Beautiful images.
    Thank You for sharing.

5. Beautiful images and fun looking hike Bohdan. Nice colors in these images. My favorite is #1.

6. Thanks a lot Gale...It was worth the climb!

Bohdan

7. Thanks Gordon....I took a number of shots of the same view for number1
    I just loved the view.

Bohdan

8. what a great way to spend the day, then again the evening sharing these with us. I like the last image, I see chain pickeral written all over that water.
    Dave

9. Very nice series. I wish we had the same temperature around here, I had planned an outing to shoot these autumn colours. Your contribution is a great inspiration.

10. Lovely scenes. Must be a great hike.

11. It was a great day...and we have lots of pickerel up here....they practically leap into the boat asking to be taken home!

Bohdan

12. Thanks Christian...you have some wonderful scenery in La Belle Province ....wish I could be there as well ....in the meantime between you and Boobie Joe and Benoit...I'm sure there will be some wonderful postings in the near future..

Bohdan

13. Was a great hike...the last 1/4 was a bit steep and rugged but...minus some lung tissue and accompanied by a racing heart....we made it to the top no problem.
    My wife and I love going out on the weekends hiking and wondering in natures bounty while we can. Winters coming!

Bohdan

14. Beautiful pictures, Bohdan. Very typically Canadian scenery! I managed to clear the decks to shoot some autumn pics here yesterday but heavily overcast - bummer. These are stunning!

15. Thanks Sandi...It was a great hike!
    Oh by the way.....got a call from my local camera dealer.....the 70-200 vr is in....picking it up at 4 ....wonder whether Hanusia....my wife....will notice????
    Also just received at my office this morning a 180 ED f/2.8 that I purchased second hand....
    Wonder wether she'll notice that as well???

Bohdan