Hanging in the desert on my way to Vegas...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Jonathan F/2, May 2, 2005.

1. I snapped a shot on my way to sin city! All shot with the D70 and 18-70 DX. Any feedback is appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Love the blue sky & puffy clouds,

but it's a little hard to make out the road. I'd have been tempted to include a bit more of it in the shot to better ID it.

3. Or alternatively, walk far enough away from the road to take it out of the composition entirely. The blue sky is stunning. I don't see any reason to include a road in the frame.

Nice image!

5. OH WOW.......good shot Jonathan!! :D :D :D

6. Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately I was maxed out at 18mm on the lens, and I couldn't go out any further. Now that I think about it, I wonder why I didn't crop the road out? I wish I could go back out there and recompose the darn shot!

7. I tend to agree w/ the others to some degree, except personally, I would've probably tried to include the road a bit differently. I think including the landscape, and particularly the man-made part of it, adds something substantial to the photo. I like that in this photo we have the "smallness" of man scaled against the "grandness" of nature. However, I think this particularly POV didn't provide the best contrast as it pushes a bit too much of the ground landscape (not just the man-made part) to the very bottom edge of the vertical frame. I think I would've tried to include the same sky w/ a more downward POV if at all possible. Maybe moving closer to the road and back up 100ft might help -- and maybe find something to climb on top also, if you didn't do that already. I'm not sure if those things would be quite enough though.

Just some thoughts...

Kind regards,

_Man_

8. Dirtyharry71

Dirtyharry71 Guest

man I like this one

blue sky with white clouds 8)

nice composition too

definitely a keeper