Hanging over a wall ...

is very popular with children in West-Africa.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I love this series. Yes, I guess walls mean something different for children. We're taller - we can see over them easily. For children, they block the view and therefore their curiosity increases. Makes sense now.

That last one is superb - the colours, the eye contact, the little foot. Wonderful, Jan.

B

BigPixel

Impressive as always, especially the color. Care to make a little tutorial in how you approach color correction and editing in general?

Jan,

Photographing persons with really dark skin against a light background makes it really tough to get facial characteristics and nuances of color whilst not blowing out the valuable colors and contrasts. These are great! Love this series!!!

Mike

Impressive as always, especially the color. Care to make a little tutorial in how you approach color correction and editing in general?
Thanks for the replies everbody:smile:

Mike, I find it very difficult to make a tutorial because every photo is so different.
The only thing I do is to open the original file, press ctrl+L to open the levels window and then search for the levels I like.

B

BigPixel

In other words, you actuially know what you're doing up front and don't depend on a lot of PP. That's great. You shot RAW?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom