Hangtown Motocross

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by bryno74, May 26, 2007.

1. JonnyD

JonnyD

Jan 28, 2007
    Warwick, NY
    Great action capture - esp. #1

2. looks like, 300mm f2.8? (with teleconvertor?)

3. #1 was 80-200 2.8 AF-S
    The rest I used the 300 2.8 with no tele..

4. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

nice work here ~~~!!!!

5. Nice shots! What settings did you use? SS etc.

You have any plans to go to the MX of Nations in September at Budds Creek? Should be an awesome event!

6. How do you guys cope with the insame amount of dust that we encounter during these events ? I'm not to worried about my D2H but I always feel awkward with the 70-200 VR as I fear tiny specks of dirt will find their way inside and mess with the VR and the AF motor.

7. deznpj

deznpj

Apr 12, 2007
    SoCal
    Great shots...thanks for reppin' SoCal the way it should be and not the way I do :frown:
    What is up with the rider in #4..no goggles?!? I need a pair just to look at these pix with all the dirt and mud flying around!!

8. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    I stayed away from this thread until I watched the race on Speed channel.

nice work, bryno. :biggrin:

Speed offered no explanation as to why Stewart lost his goggles. do you know what happened bryno?

btw, the Lites (I hate that word) race airs Tuesday at 3pm est on speed.

9. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    here's my MX setup;

bag002w2.

:biggrin:

10. I don't have the speed channel yet so I didn't see the race on TV but didn't Stewart crash pretty hard in the second moto and lost his front brake? Might have had something to do with that??

11. Jim, Is that just a clear bag? I wanted to get something for the Budds Creek MX incase it rains or is extremely dusty. Last year the dust wasn't bad at all.

12. I saw james take his googles off, But I'm not sure why.

13. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    yes, just a clear bag. they had a nice interview with RC. he announced the races he's running.; the first 5(which includes Red Bud:biggrin:), then he will take a break until the Millville race. then he will take a break until the MX Des Nations. :biggrin:

14. TerjeD2X

TerjeD2X Guest

Great shots! Thanks for sharing!

15. DJ Matt

DJ Matt Guest

wow great shots!

16. BryanSpeed

BryanSpeed

Feb 20, 2007
    N. Texas
    cool deal, getting shots of the pro's :)

I am hoping to be at the Nationals here in Texas on Labor day weekend,
    even hoping to ride the Vintage races on that Monday :)
    on a 1977 Bultaco 250 !

17. I don't, (worry that is) I just take the dust and after I leave, I just used canned air to spray off my gear. The dust probably harms the equipment (even if it takes a while to do any visible damage or wear) But I don't buy equipment to play it "safe" all the time, So I just take it as fact and work with it.

For rain I use a plastic bag held in place by the lens hood, But It makes turning the zoom ring on the 80-200 a bit difficult, so I don't bother doing the same for dust.

18. I should have thought of that...
    I don't buy equipment to play it safe either but I am not in a situation where the income generated covers the price of the equipment I buy so I tend to take extra measures in order to make sure my equipment lasts a little longer. Also, I'm not big on using compressed air to "clean" my gear. I always fear that fine particles will be "pushed" inside the lens. I'm not so worried with the D2H body but I prefer not to push my luck with the lenses.

I'm sure turning the zoom ring is a little more difficult with the plastic bag but having worked with primes for a long time, I don't mind not usind the zoom ring all the time. I'll preset it to the proper focal length and I'll go from there.