Hanoi Skyline

Hanoi hasn't got much of a skyline, but this is the great view you get from an Illy Coffee Shop over the lake and Tortoise Tower.

Vietnam was a surprise on so many levels. A fascinating place, great people, great culture and very 'interesting' museums highlighting the Communist Party's 'glorious past'. Ha Long was the ultimate day out with a private junk (it was low season and the height of the recession), 5 course dinner cooked on board, beer, wine and tour guide for $150US including transfers from Hanoi. I would have loved to overnight there but our itinerary didn't allow it.

The food, well that was great too. If ever anyone visits, you have to try the Pho, the fresh nem (spring rolls, preferably unfried and full of coriander) and the little one dish 'restaurants' in the old quarter. I did have one meal that was a little concerning though - my beef definitely did NOT come from a cow, and swan wontons are NOT to be tried again! :eek:

This was my last view of the city before moving onto Cambodia so it's a good point to wrap up this long series - sorry if I bored you too much!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Phil, it's a pity your wonderful Hanoi series ends here (but with a beautiful photo!).
Expecting your Cambodia images now.

JusPlainCrayzee

Administrator
Administrator
Swan wontons? :eek: While I believe in trying local dishes, I think I'll say 'No, thanks!' to that one!

Aside from that, your photos were wonderful, Phil. Thanks for the travelogue, and for giving us a chance to see the countries you've visited. Looking for more from your travels!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom