Happiness is...

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by TZ250, Aug 8, 2008.

1. TZ250

TZ250

Jul 16, 2008
    Ohio, USA
    Happiness is receiving a big box from Adorama that contains:

D300
    SB-800
    70-300 VR
    Tamron 28-75 F2.8
    Sandisk card reader and 4Gb CF card

+ the usual flash diffuser, circular polarizer, flash charger and batteries and a few other items.

0808080001_A.jpg
    0808080002_A.jpg

Thank you to everyone that helped me with this purchase. I'm glad that I bought the 28-75 F2.8 and the card reader. :smile:

2. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    sweet package Rob
    after your credit card stops smoking...get out there and shoot

congrats

ps....is that a refurb D300?

3. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Congratulations on your new camera items, sure you will enjoy using all items.
    Christmas in August :smile:
    Neil

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Cool.....Christmas in August. Enjoy your new gear. :smile:

5. TZ250

TZ250

Jul 16, 2008
    Ohio, USA
    No credit card was used. It was sent COD. It is paid for. I don't like debt.

Yes, it's a refurb. I was really skeptical about buying a refurbished model, but it looks like no one has ever touched it after it left the factory. There is no way that I'm sending it back. It's a keeper! :smile:

6. Congrats Rob! Looks like a GOOD day.

7. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    was just wondering
    I didn't know they were being offered
    I have a refurb D50 from them that is still gong strong

8. rob.... AWESOME PICTURE OF FUN
    congrats on your arrival

good luck
    and post some pictures and impressions soon, please

9. Kqw1208

Kqw1208 Guest

Nice package....especially the lens combo you've chosen...

10. Brodman

Brodman

Aug 26, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    I have been afraid to try a refurb, so I am anxious to hear your results.

11. I purchased a refurbished D50 once- was a great camera and had zero issues. Enjoy your new gear! Now lets see some pictures...

12. as long as the warranty is the same, i would jump on refurbs. those are the cameras that have gotten individual attention to make sure nothing else is wrong with it the second time out. so far I've gotten 3 new DSLR cameras from nikon and they have all had major manufacturing defects.

13. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Congrats Rob...........now put it to good use!!!!

14. Can't wait to see the pics from your new gear..especially the Tamron 28-75.

15. Eyaldar

Eyaldar

Dec 21, 2007
    Israel
    congratz :)
    I'll be glad to see some photos of D300+28-75 f2.8 as I consider the same combination,
    are you happy with it?

16. TZ250

TZ250

Jul 16, 2008
    Ohio, USA
    Guys, thanks for the compliments. I'll post pictures soon. I started moving the day that the D300 arrived. Naturally, I've not had much chance to use it. However, I have started customizing some of the settings. What an awesome camera. I don't desire anything better. I took a few pictures of my daughter. The D300 has a very smooth, almost creamy look to the pictures. (think medium-format light) Also, the LCD screen is fantastic!

I've been so busy that I haven't taken the 70-300 VR or out the SB-800 out of the box! :frown:

I'm now experimenting with picture controls. I been tinkering with Standard, Vivid, Monochrome and Sepia. B&W and Sepia look great.

The 28-75 F2.8 has been great. I'm glad that I bought one fast lens. Although, VR is supposed to be worth a couple of F-stops, F2.8 is still desirable.

The box with the D300 and lenses and flash was THE VERY FIRST box that I loaded into the truck! :smile:

Also, The D300 is everything that I thought it would be. That's a big statement considering that I've only had it for 2 days. :smile:

17. Did the weight of that d300 box scare you like it did me? Was so happy to see that two pounds was manuals and one I could throw away.

18. Congratulations Rob...
    you've got a great set up to use and I'm sure your just gonna love it...
    So lets see some of those shots...???

19. InLimbo87

InLimbo87

Jul 30, 2008
    Orlando, Fl
    I think there's been a mistake!!!!!!

...That box was supposed to come to my house :tongue:

20. TZ250

TZ250

Jul 16, 2008
    Ohio, USA
    I did wonder why it weighed 19.1 pounds! :smile: