Happy 11th Bort!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by BostonRott, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Today my ol' boy is 11!!! For a Rottweiler, that's really along in years. He's still young at heart, quite spry, and healthy as can be. :biggrin:

Bort is the first dog I've ever owned. He has taught me so much about this breed, and about dogs in general. We trialed for his first obedience title at 18 mos of age, and also did a 20km biked endurance test a few years later. He's helped me raise 5 other dogs from puppy to adult, ever the gentleman.

Anyone who's a Simpsons fan will recognize his name from an episode where the family is at Itchy & Scratchy land. "We're all out of Bort liscense plates!" :tongue:

Anyway, here are a few snaps from this afternoon, taken with the 105mm. Wish we'd had a tad more light, but such is life. I'm just so happy to still have Bort with me! :smile:

View attachment 87681
  2. Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Woof! Woof! Woof! - Incase you don't know, that means Happy Birthday Bort!! He looks like he could have some stories to tell. Great shots of him Gretchen.
  3. I was just going to ask if you got him at the Itchy & Scratchy pound!
  4. Thanks Yvette!! Bort says WOOF!! :smile:

Hahahaa! As a kid, I could *never* find my name on anything in gift shops, but I'd find lots of other bizarre names. So I understood Bart's pain at finding Bort but not Bart. When the breeder said this was her "B" litter, I knew exactly what his name would be. His registered name is Jobec's Bartholomew, call name of Bort. :smile:
  5. tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Happy birthday Bort. Very sweet shots. He looks like a real gentleman. My male is 11.5 and although people thinks he looks young, I can see that he's getting older. May you and Bort have many good moments together in the future.
  6. Thank you Torben! And to you also, with your older boy. The "old guys" are a very special treasure! :smile:
  7. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very Handsome he is:>))
    Happy Birthday
    Lovely images Grechen
  8. Thank you Gale! :smile:
  9. nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Happy Birthday Bort! He's the same age as my needy cat, but has much more dignity. Love the look he's giving you in #2.
  10. senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Gretchen give him a big happy birthdat ruff on the head for me. My Jack Russell (Senna) will be 11 this year. It is amazing how much a part of our lives these animals become. :biggrin:
  11. Thanks Nancy! Bort is always up for a little extra lovin' ... and he plays "very needy" to those who first meet him. :wink:

Troy, I agree! My dogs were my "kids" before I had kids. They still are a huge part of my life and always will be. I feel enriched for sharing life with them. :smile: