Happy 4th of July - Inspiration!!

Real Name
Paul
I think about that, a lot! As I noted above, my mum was British, my dad Indian, and I formally adopted the US as home almost 50 years ago. All 3 nations have their histories—the good, the bad, and the unknown. I celebrate the customs, traditions and successes of all 3 nations; I enjoy their foods, music, cultures, people, and more. I am saddened by, and even embarrassed by, their failures and their humanitarian lapses.
And at the end of the day, I think of beliefs such as those championed by Gandhi, "I am a Hindu, a Christian, a Muslim and a Jew. . ."; or those of Kennedy, "ask not . . . , but what you can do for your country"; or Elizabeth II, "Let us not take ourselves too seriously . . ."
That is, I take the best of my past and meld it into me—after all I take great pride in checking the box that says "☐ Other" when asked about race and ethnicity!
Anyway, onward to the future.
What a great post. We should all celebrate our common humanity and find things that draw us together rather than drive us apart. And we should learn from our past and not try to erase it or re-write it.

What a great post. We should all celebrate our common humanity and find things that draw us together rather than drive us apart. And we should learn from our past and not try to erase it or re-write it.
John Lennon said it best,

“Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one”

― John Lennon

a bit of color from a neighbour

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Canadian Skyhawks Parachute demonstration team saluting the Americans at the Abbotsford Air Show 2018

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

"Be safe and socially distance while you enjoy your Independence day" - Georgie Beagle

Fortunately you and I are smart enough to know the truth, and good enough to care.
Happy 4th, from my patio (basements are for storing wine!)
Thanks very much Nick and a very Happy 4th to you.
a bit of color from a neighbour

View attachment 1665014

Canadian Skyhawks Parachute demonstration team saluting the Americans at the Abbotsford Air Show 2018

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

"Be safe and socially distance while you enjoy your Independence day" - Georgie Beagle
What a display, how adventurist to do something like this.

There is only one thing Americans can't do properly is spell, they keep missing out letters For example the proper spelling is colour but because Americans have not been taught properly they have cut it down to color.

You don't seem to understand that reducing colour to color actually makes it easier to spell the word correctly, as there are 17% fewer letters. :ROFLMAO:
Very strange, you very own Sioux a Native American tribe you don't reduce to SU and save a lot more space.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom