Happy Birthday to Rich, Jim and Wally

Thanks Phil and to every one else for their kind wishes, and especially to the other "12th of June" Geminis who share this day with me....
and a "Happy Birthday" to all of you.....:biggrin:

Hope you all get some nice Nikon presents, I did.....:tongue:

Thanks very much. I don't feel any different other than being an "official old fart" because it's my 65th. Which brings to mind an anecdote on aging which happened to me in Scotland.

I took a boat to a castle on an island in a lake, Loch Leven (Castle/Lake). After getting out I climbed the hill to the entrance to pay for my entry. Since their age for retireees (OAPs..Old Age Pensioners) was, I think, 60 I asked "Do you have an OAP price?

"Ach, he exclaimed, and in a thick scottish brogue said: "If yew ken a make it up that hill...you'rrrrre not eligible!"

Thank you all. What a wonderful bunch of folks you all are.

Rich

"Ach, he exclaimed, and in a thick scottish brogue said: "If yew ken a make it up that hill...you'rrrrre not eligible!"
Rich
Hey Rich...

Isn't that the same theory with witches or something a couple of centuries ago. They would submerge them under water for 5 to 10 minutes (or for what ever time), and if they lived they were guilty but if they died, they were innocent.... I wonder what bright spark thought that one up... So your damned if you do and damned if you don't, its a no win situation...LOL...

But at least you made it up the hill.... Got to make you feel good...:smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom