Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Just for fun, we began our Cinco de Mayo supper on 5/5 at 5:55pm. :ROFLMAO:

Mike 2021-05-05--0001-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo of the Setup
The tabletop is red presentation paper. The two lamps lit the overall scene and the white reflector behind the scene, which brightened the rear area of the scene. The flashlight at the rear back lit the chips in the guacamole and the food in the rear area of the taco. The flashlight on the left brightened the food in the front of the taco and the translucent, left side of the taco shell. The napkin at the rear added interesting texture to the scene and conveniently hid the legs of the rear flashlight. Fifteen focus-bracketed images at Nikon step size 3 were stacked in Helicon Focus at its default settings.
Mike 2021-05-05--0002-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Cinco De Mayo celebrates the Mexican Army's victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla in the Mexican-French war. This led to Mexico's independence. The connection to Texas is General Ignacio Zaragoza was born in Bahia (Goliad) Texas prior to the Texas Revolution. The house where he was born is not far from Presidio de Bahia. These sites are just outside of Goliad.

Real Name
Alex
Good food, excellent pictures.

I know the history but most Americans have no clue. I do not understand what's to celebrate about the Battle of Puebla outside of Mexico.

99% of Americans have no clue what 5 de Mayo celebrates or why. 99.9% could not place Puebla on a map.

I think most Americans think of celebrating Cinco de Mayo as a way of honoring and enjoying Mexican culture and its contributions to the world. As an example, Mexican food has been a major part of Americans' diet for decades ranging from fast food restaurants to family restaurants and even occasionally to high-end restaurants, as well as delicious meals prepared in the home. So, it's natural to enjoy Mexican food or a meal that is heavily influenced by Mexican cuisine on Cinco de Mayo.

Last edited:
Real Name
Ken St John
Not only are these great photos ... the food looks really, really, good!! :)

As my wife found out she was selected for a new job yesterday (5/5) we celebrated by going to her favorite Chinese restaurant. (Ah, the joys of having an Asian wife!!). We were alone in the restaurant.:p

Ken

Thanks, Ken!

As my wife found out she was selected for a new job yesterday (5/5) we celebrated by going to her favorite Chinese restaurant. (Ah, the joys of having an Asian wife!!).
Congratulations to your wife about her new job! I routinely prepare about ten Asian dishes. Indeed, the night before I made tacos, I prepared Kung Pao Chicken.

Latest threads

Top Bottom