Happy Day for me…Ospreys!

Hi All, I’m happy to report that my ospreys I photographed last year returned today after wintering from either the southern states of the USA or south America! For you people new to ospreys, these guys go their separate way after mating and raising their young here in New Jersey from late March to September, flying south all winter only to meet again at the same nest from last season. The four ospreys I shot today seem to be the same family of four I shot last season, they were all happy to see each other, lots of singing and playing!

My usually ammo to shoot these is my D200 and 70-200mm VR but both are at Nikon for service. I shot this series with my D70, 300mm f/4 hand held.

Thanks for looking!
Anthony

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Outstanding Anthony. Hard to believe they can venture that far and end up back in one spot. Fascinating
Hi Dave, I fine it amazing as well. You separate from your life mate, fly south for thousand of miles for the winter and return next season to meet again at the same nest. Fascinating!

Anthony

Cool! Ours have not returned yet, just a touch early I think, but I'm looking for them every couple of days now. They are such cool birds to watch aren't they?

Anthony, thanks for the backstory. How very interesting to know they go their separate ways, then meet up again. I'm very glad to hear your "family" you kept track of last year are back together again.

Very nice soaring series with exhilirating blue-sky weather!

Anthony, thanks for the backstory. How very interesting to know they go their separate ways, then meet up again. I'm very glad to hear your "family" you kept track of last year are back together again.

Very nice soaring series with exhilirating blue-sky weather!
Thanks Miko! I'll be following these guys all season and will post my shots here.

Anthony

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom