Happy Day for me…Ospreys!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Anthony747, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Hi All, I’m happy to report that my ospreys I photographed last year returned today after wintering from either the southern states of the USA or south America! For you people new to ospreys, these guys go their separate way after mating and raising their young here in New Jersey from late March to September, flying south all winter only to meet again at the same nest from last season. The four ospreys I shot today seem to be the same family of four I shot last season, they were all happy to see each other, lots of singing and playing!

My usually ammo to shoot these is my D200 and 70-200mm VR but both are at Nikon for service. I shot this series with my D70, 300mm f/4 hand held.

Thanks for looking!
    Anthony

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Jackpot....great little series Anthony.

3. Beautiful captures, Anthony. And glad to know that they're back.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Super Anthony
    I know your happy

5. Outstanding Anthony. Hard to believe they can venture that far and end up back in one spot. Fascinating

6. Thank you Frank and Phil!

Anthony

7. Hi Gail, Hope all is well. I waited all winter for these guys to return!

Anthony

8. Hi Dave, I fine it amazing as well. You separate from your life mate, fly south for thousand of miles for the winter and return next season to meet again at the same nest. Fascinating!

Anthony

9. Excellent series Anthony!

Aren't these guys a hoot to watch? :rolleyes: 

10. awesome!! glad they are back at home! We have a pair here in Ontario that return to a site every year, but it is a 2 hour drive for me to see them!

11. Cool! Ours have not returned yet, just a touch early I think, but I'm looking for them every couple of days now. They are such cool birds to watch aren't they?

12. Great job sound slike a trip to Sandy Hook is in order soon

13. azhiker

azhiker

Mar 13, 2007
    Phoenix Arizona
    You scored big time my friend. What awesome neighbors.

14. Very nice Anthony. Looking forward to more in this series now that they're back.

Louie

15. Thanks All!

Anthony

16. Thanks Mike! Let me know, I'll be happy to be your guide.

Anthony

17. Timeout

Timeout

May 23, 2006
    SoCal
    Anthony, thanks for the backstory. How very interesting to know they go their separate ways, then meet up again. I'm very glad to hear your "family" you kept track of last year are back together again.

Very nice soaring series with exhilirating blue-sky weather!

18. Thanks Miko! I'll be following these guys all season and will post my shots here.

Anthony

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.