Happy Dixie

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by tojor, May 29, 2007.

1. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Just to celebrate the new forum I'll show a couple of shots of my happy girl, Dixie.

original.

original.

2. She is beautiful Torben!

3. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Dave. I'll tell her.

Have a nice trip to Fiji. Wish it was me but it is probably too hot for an old viking like me :smile:.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dixie is a very Happy and Beautiful girl...
    Beautifully photographed.

5. She's just an awesome and happy pup, Torben! :biggrin:

6. I like both shots, Torben, and Dave's right, Dixie is a beauty. If I look at the second shot for a while, I can imagine I see her nose twitch as she samples the breeze.

7. Awwww, what a lovely dog, even lovelier name! Dixie - you know that's way down south here in America! So glad to see ya posting your beauties again! She's beautiful!

8. I hope you have #2 printed and hanging!!! :smile:

9. Great looking dog Torben....at some time in the future when our current old girl ( she's getting on to 11 yrs old ) is - dread the day - when she is no longer with us.... might look into the same breed dog that you have come to love.

10. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Gale. I'm glad you liked Dixie. She is probably my most photogenic dog. She always seems to know when I shoot. Female vanity maybe :biggrin:.

Thanks Philippe. I glad you took the time to comment. Yes she is a very happy dog. Sometimes too happy. :smile:

Thanks Dave. On the second shot she is hoping to get a glimpse of our neigbours cat so she probably has caught a scent of the cat.

11. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Dianne. She does have a beautiful expression but I'm probably biased. I named her Dixie because I'm just an old hillbilly at heart. Love bluegrass music.

Thanks Gretchen. #2 is printed out already in A4 format. Now about the walls, I don't think theres more space left. :biggrin:

Thanks Bob. I always apreciate your comments. I fear the future a little bit too. My boy is almost 12 and one of my girls is almost 11. They just stay with us too short a time. Dixie is young. She turns 4 this summer.

I take it as a big compliment that you would consider a Samoyed as your next dog. They make terrific family dogs, always want to be with their owner. Always ready for a hug. They like to give hugs too as you can see.

original.

If you ever decide let me know. I know a couple of Canadian breeders.

12. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Great shots of your gorgeous dogs, Torben! I saw a pair at Starbucks the other morning and thought of you. Honest.

13. Very nice job on the whites. Nice looking dog also.
    Lou

14. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Nancy. Nice of you to remember me. I know a few Sammies in CA but probably not the ones you saw. :smile:

Thank you Lou. Taking a lot of shots of white dogs have taught me a lot about blown hightligts. Sometimes it's almost impossible to avoid.

15. Nice shots of Dixie, she is a beautiful dog.
    If she ever visits "Dixie Land" Georgia, USA I would like her to meet my good buddy Aspen. I expect he would look at Dixie admiringly.

16. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Darrell. Your Aspen is a handsome fellow. I love all kind of dogs but the northern breeds are closest to my heart. I'm sure that he would like Dixie right now as she is in season. A few years ago I was in Virginia with Dixies father for a Specialty Show for Samoyeds.