1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Happy Halloween

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by threecats, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Don't see these often and naturally when I did the wind was going crazy but...

3758932945_b2dbccceb9_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3759729252_b23cd3bf19_b.jpg

Widow from the side

3759848580_8dc4d2d7dc_b.jpg

and a new one for me. Variable Dancer. I want to get back and do better on these guys. There are few spots in my area that have em.
    3762117410_2bf9ef3828_b.jpg

2. excellent!

I haven't seen any Halloween pennants around here yet

3. Very nice Glenn! what lens were you using here?

4. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Awesome captures..........I'm curious as to what lens you were using to? Any extension tubes?

5. aspiringphotos

aspiringphotos

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas
    WOW, amazing work on the last HP shot. Are those EGGS on the underside of her tail??? WOW!!! They are all excellent, but that third one is stellar.:890::890::890:

6. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Great stuff Glenn. Beautiful dragonflies and the damsel is pretty nice too.

7. Thanks all. The widow was shot with the 300/4. All the rest were the Sigma 150. No tubes, etc. Kelly they are not eggs. Someone had mentioned on another post that they are some kinda life that is just hitching a ride to another location.
    I've yet to really test that 300/4 but truthfully on some test shots I did on one of the cats I can not see a ton of difference between that and the 70/300 vr at 300mm and same settings. May not be a fair test but that's all I can go by now.

8. 3whiteroses

3whiteroses

May 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Nice looking widow! I just don't know how you are getting so much detail. How close are you getting to the dragons?

9. Real nice shots Glenn. I have only seen a couple of Halloweens this year as well.

10. The widow was with the 300 so probably 5 feet or whatever min focus is

11. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Excellent!

12. A most excellent set. After seeing these I'm not going to bother with posting the few I've taken of late.

13. Well I'd like to see them if for no other reason they may be of bugs I never see near me.

14. Superb Glenn, what a beauty!!!

15. Thanks. The only other one I ever saw had red stigmas. Assuming it's the male.

16. Very nice set. Really like the side view picture.

17. It´s a great looking Dragon for sure!

I like the 2nd the best!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.