Happy Independence Day

Im an American Revolutionary War buff and Patriot, so i just want to wish everyone a Happy and SAFE! 4th of July.

I LOVE my counrty and this FLAG! And i will stand on a chair and beat my fist into the air and scream it from the top of my lungs in front of a million people, GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

John Adams' famous letter of July 3, 1776, in which he wrote to his wife Abigail what his thoughts were about celebrating the Fourth of July is found on various web sites but is usually incorrectly quoted. Following is the exact text from his letter with his original spellings:

The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more. You will think me transported with Enthusiasm but I am not. I am well aware of the Toil and Blood and Treasure, that it will cost Us to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States. Yet through all the Gloom I can see the Rays of ravishing Light and Glory. I can see that the End is more than worth all the Means. And that Posterity will tryumph in that Days Transaction, even altho We should rue it, which I trust in God We shall not.

GOD Bless America!

Last edited by a moderator:
Would that every American shared those sentiments!! We have the greatest country God has ever allowed to exist and each and everyone of us should bow our heads and give thanks! My ancesters were slaves, yet I still believe there is no greater place on God's green earth. May God continue to bless us in spite of our shortcomings!!!!!!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom