Happy Retirement Frank! (eng45ine)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GBRandy, Jul 10, 2008.

1. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Well, if memory serves me correctly, Frank's last day at the firehouse is today. Then he is officially retired. Unlike Brett Favre we expect him to stay retired and utilize his photographic skills as his second career. :smile:

So, let me be the first to say "Congratulations" Frank on a great and noble career....and may your next journey in life be equally impressive.

Randy

2. Hey Frank congratulations. Welcome to the club. I hope that you enjoy your retirement as much as I have mine. Now get busy with that camera LOL:biggrin:

3. Yes, a very happy retirement to you!!! As a recently retired medic, I promise you will not miss hearing the tones at 0115, and then again at 0205, and yet again at 0300. Nor will you miss shoveling out hydrants in the winter!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

4. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Enjoy.... I'm counting down my last 12............ YEARS!!!!! :eek::mad:

5. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    I guess he retired on a Thursday, June 19th so by now he is 'happily retired' and pursuing what he always wanted to do.

6. Wow, he's retired? He needs to update his avatar. It shows him as a young guy. :rolleyes:

7. Congrats Frank! I still have 17 years to go, but it wouldn't make a difference. As a scientist out of idealism I would most likely continue to do the same after retirement, maybe with a few changes in amount of time used.

Cheers

8. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Perhaps....but his last official day at the firehouse is today.... see post #13 in this thread....
    https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=177088

Yea for Frank....wish I could retire soon. 24 more years and I'm there! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  9. Geezzz, these kids retire earlier all the time! :tongue:
    Congratulations Frank :710:, enjoy!!

10. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    congratulations frank! i hope to be able to retire one day, but the way the economy's going, i'll need to work until the day i die to support my addiction to photography :wink:

ricky

11. So I guess you are going to sit a round all day playing with your cameras! Sheeees, what some folks do for fun :biggrin:

Have a great retirement--sure sounds like you have earned it! And don't be like my dad, and go into work every day--just to check up on the "kids"!!!!

12. Congrats Frank, look forward to many more great images in Sports...add me to the 'work 25 more years club'.

13. Happy retirement Frank, take care and enjoy your retirement!

14. Wow, congrats Frank!

15. Congrats Frank! Yes, you can walk away and be happy so don't look back! Keep walking..or maybe run.

Keith
    North Carolina

16. OHH Baby! I'm gonna see him Saturday morning! We're going down to North Ave Beach shooting the AVP Pro Volleyball tour.
    I'm buying Buddy !!!! Congrats if true!

17. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Congratualtaions and no doubt very well deserved Frank. Man, you are going to pump out some great photos now that you can dedicate yourself to it.

18. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Congrats Frank, more time now for photography. I can't wait, 23 yrs for me to go.

19. Best wishes in the next phase of life, Frank!

20. Congratulations Frank! Thanks for all the years of service to your community, and to ours... :smile: