Happy thoughts

A night gazer aboard a ship. He was spotting Venus and Saturn with some of the largest binoculars I have ever seen. Another passion that brings a little moment of eternity, or this at least is what I read on his face.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Date Taken: 2005-06-08 20:43:44
Make: NIKON D70
Size: 800x532
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 135mm
Exposure Time: 0.0166s (5/300)
Exposure Program: Aperture priority
Exposure Bias: 0

Elf_8 said:
A night gazer aboard a ship. He was spotting Venus and Saturn with some of the largest binoculars I have ever seen. Another passion that brings a little moment of eternity, or this at least is what I read on his face.

[/size]
Nice photo, Christian. It's almost a two color portrait. I enjoy reading your interpretations and reflections as well.

Tom

background?

Christian,

The colors are great...How did you process the background? I think that is what makes your subject pop!

Mike

Re: background?

Mike said:
Christian,

The colors are great...How did you process the background? I think that is what makes your subject pop!

Mike
Mike, thanks for asking. The only postprocess involved here is some D-Lighting within Nikon Capture. The background is from a shallow DOF (f4 at an equivalent of about 200 mm) toward the foamy trail left behind by the ship.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom