1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Harbor seal - Maybe

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Allan, Sep 2, 2008.

1. I got out to Sandy Point yesterday morning. It was actually cold as the sun was coming up. Here is a young harbor seal (I guess) before dawn. I was on the beach and heard flapping. It was the seal working its way from the beach back to the water. It stopped to look at me for a few minutes. I shot it at 1/250 second at iso 1600 with +1 stop ec. Then in NX, I had to add another stop of exposure. I copied the seal and then used noise reduction on the background. All things considered the D300 and NX did a good job.
    364334406_KgKEe-L.

2. Great shot and thanks for the detailed intro.

3. tektite

tektite

Jan 23, 2006
    SE NH
    Excellent shot of seal, not easy in our area. I see them more often during the winter.

Gary

4. Beautiful shot! ain't no one goona care what you did to it when they're buying the poster! :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.