Harmony Park Safari...I can't wait to go back!

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by sommer, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Driving through twice wasn't enough...I have to go back and do this again! I don't think I laughed as hard the entire trip as I did there.

If this doesn't cause nightmares, I don't know what will. Honestly, it took me until the second trip through to be brave enough to leave the window down and shoot this guy. He's freaking scary!

[​IMG]

'Tis the season to lose your fur and look a bit ratty :wink:. These poor guys weren't looking so good, but they sure were sweet.

[​IMG]

I think this is my favorite photo from the safari! The perfect triangle of the zebra, Alice and Connie! It was as much fun shooting the people as the animals as we drove around.

[​IMG]

No, that's not Melissa petting the zebra, because that's not allowed. Gack! I would have had to bind her hands behind her back to keep her away!

[​IMG]

Every once-in-awhile the zebra went a little nuts and started chasing after the other animals...here's an action shot, lol!

[​IMG]

I don't know my large horned animals well, but this one was pretty.

[​IMG]

They forgot to mention the free carwash that comes with your trip through the safari :wink:. This little guy was soooooooooo cute. I still have his spit on my mirror, lol!

[​IMG]

His mama was nice too, though a little less cute :wink:. Yeah, I still have her spit on my car, too.

[​IMG]

This one came right at my window and scared the crap out of me, until Paul pointed out that it couldn't fit through the window with those horns.

[​IMG]

Little nightmares in the making....baby emus!

[​IMG]

2. Sommer you have some classics here. Alice & Connie hanging out of the suburban....free cowwashes...and dang scary emu! You have to admit that the baby emus are kind of cute, and you have to feel for them because the look a bit strange seeing how they don't have wings.

3. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Good ones Sommer. Alice will love the shot of her and Connie. Speaking of the emu, I never did get brave enough to leave the window down with it.

4. Cowwashes...why didn't I think of that?! Rex, I noticed in Alice's picture of the emu, that your window was up. Those things are frightening!

5. ROFL! Wonderful photos! The big hairy cow is a Highlander from Scotland. Just love the photo of the photographers hanging out taking pics of the animals behind the SUV!

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    The image with Alice standing through the sunroof and Connie hanging out the window is priceless.

7. I was seriously worried that someone would get a lens pecked by a emu. The other animals that could reach the window were lickers, but the emu have those beaks.

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    cowwashes...HA HA HA!!
    Don't worry, Rex...I'm still not that brave!

Oh, and when I spoke w/the lady who owns/runs the Safari Park, She told me that the camel was away on a "Breeding mission" and they are hoping to have a baby camel soon! Won't that be fun for next year!!!:smile:

Sommer, I'm glad you all stayed long enough for the Safari Park. I had a feeling you guys would enjoy it! That shot of the Zebra, Alice and Connie is great!

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Looks like so much fun. Love the photos!

10. Lovely photos of the cute animals .... and people.

11. Love these shots, Sommer! You got some dandies!! Hee, hee, that one of Alice coming out of the top of the Suburban and me hanging out of the side -- super!!! I'm sitting here laughing like crazy....

12. Thanks for posting these, Sommer-love 'em.:smile: