Harpers Ferry WV - fall colors

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Rich Gibson, Sep 22, 2008.

1. I'm interested, Rich!

Thanks.

2. When is it Rich...

3. No dates yet. I checked the site and it still is showing November 2007 fall color conditions. We can keep checking from now on.

Rich

4. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD
    My friend told me that he is starting to see a little bit of color change in the leaves in NE PA. That is a good sign for that region to get peak foliage in mid October, which is the norm up there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good foliage season as that is my favorite time of the year, especially since the foliage seasons the past two years were very disappointing. I think the peak for foliage season south of PA (MD and WV) would be in the later part of October, but I'm not sure.

5. I'm interested too!

Had planned to go to HF last week when I was at my dad's in Hagerstown but nixed the idea. Waiting for fall foliage!

6. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    November, except for Jim's Fall BBQ is open for me so far....

7. oh, the planning has started...I could be in - depending on the date.

8. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    I'm interested.

9. I'm interested too... depending on the date.

10. I would be interested as well, depending on the date.

11. Luv MY D90

Luv MY D90 Guest

HI Im new here, but would be interested depending on the date!

12. Well, we need to find out when the colors start changing first this season. Then we can work out a date to go to HF.

13. I've asked them to post something for this year. The only entry I can find is the one from 7 Nov 2007.

Rich

14. Any chance we could combine it with a steam engine coming out of the tunnel into HF? Does anyone know of or have a scheduled visit by a steam locomotive???

15. I received a reply from Harper's Ferry. They don't do predicting; only reporting after the fact. They said it's still very green.

Rich

16. Maybe send a message to Bob Ryan (NBC4) and see what his predictions are for foliage turning. He seems really into that kind of stuff...

17. I was there yesterday - Still green; however the answer always depends on the weather and whether it gets cold sooner than later. :) 

18. Anybody got a new update on Harpers Ferry yet? Still green up there??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.