Harpers Ferry's Infrared Landscape

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by louieescobar, Aug 7, 2008.

1. One lazy sunday morning my wife asked me if we can go Charlestown Races and Slots. When we got there around 12noon she gave me $120 to play the slot machines but instead I jumped back to my car and went to Harpers Ferry to take some IR photos. Here are the results. C & C are very much welcome.

2707365422_35fb6933b2_b.jpg

2705752225_14290c2dff_b.jpg

2707392030_15de558e4a_b.jpg

2705565192_5a5a0df571_b.jpg

2704724121_bb1c3ea0a5_b.jpg

2705538644_d4853cc4bc_b.jpg

2. jaikdee

jaikdee

Feb 25, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Louie,
    I know nothing about IR, but I know I do like your images. Nos. 2 and 4 are my favorite, but just because I like the colors and shades.
    Janet

3. Louie
    i like these, A LOT
    a great series
    nice of you to share them with us

4. aos111

aos111

Mar 9, 2008
    little rock ar
    You really ought to shoot all the Civil War battlefields. These along with your Manassas shots have a haunting ethereal quality. Fantastic work.

Andy

5. oscarzan

oscarzan

Aug 7, 2008
    Miami, Florida
    You have great color effects on your ir shots. Excellent composition on all posts, But in my humble opinion the last one is the one.
    Congrats

6. Interesting purple sky but really dig those church shots...

7. Louie,

These are truly outstanding shots. Fantastic composition. You've inspired me to get back in the IR game. I just bought a D100 to convert. Thanks for sharing!

8. Howdy Louie,

WOWSER, what a wonderful series of images, each on would be a great treasure of the trip, but to have this many beautiful images from one outing is spectacular!!!

Very Nicely Done!!

Kindest Regards,

Craig

9. Thank you Janet.

Thank you Greg...I'll be posting some more.

Thank you Andy...it's just a coincidence :)...I've went to Burke Lake Park and took some IR photos as well unfortunately it didn't turn out well because it was too cloudy at that time.

I definitely agree with that Oscar...the last one is my favorite as well. Thank you for the kind words.

Thank you Eric

Glad to hear that Mark! It only cost me $250.00 to convert my D70s, that's including the IR Filter, the same filter from lifepixel. You can check them out at http://www.southernexposurecamerarepair.com/ the name of the technician is Terry Grandfield.

Thank you Craig.

10. ANDS

ANDS

Aug 2, 2008
    Sacramento
    Oh my gee. . .#1. . .all the way.

11. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Wonderful images, I don't want to look as I don't have an IR camera, but I do have a D70, hmm..

12. Thank you.

Stephanie....you know what to do with your D70 right? :smile: try to get the color enhanced IR filter.

13. The next time my mother drags me to Charlestown I'm going to do as you did... without the IR camera though. Beautiful pictures!

14. very nice job on these. NEat and interesting all of them

15. Thank you Danielle.

16. Thank you for the kind words dave.

17. iudoc97

iudoc97

Nov 13, 2006
    Indiana
    Very nice images Louie...I loved all of them....do you still have that $120 in your pocket??? :)

18. StringCheese

StringCheese

Jun 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Harpers Ferry as always been one of my favorite places. 4 would have been awesome if that guy hadn't crept into it.

19. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    Great series.
    I love the different conversions

20. This is an outstanding series Louie. You made the right choice to bypass the slots and get right to photography. You have some winners here, love the first one and the last two especially.