Harriman State Park Horses

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Terri French, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    On Saturday we took a three mile walk through part of Harriman State Park in Idaho. Part of the hike took us through a horse ranch. These horses are used for horse rides that you can purchase for a tour through the park. What a place for these horses to live. Such beautiful country. The colors were so vivid with the light coming through the clouds. It was a very fun day.

I have only been converting Raw for a couple of months and have many questions about it. Here I was underexposing to keep the highlights in the clouds. Did I underexpose too much? Did I do ok at bringing out the shadows?

The entire gallery is here. http://www.pbase.com/terrif/harriman_state_park

View attachment 10024

View attachment 10025

View attachment 10026

View attachment 10027

We also saw a moose--although very far away.

View attachment 10028

View attachment 10029

View attachment 10030

View attachment 10031

2. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Terri

Outstanding series of images. You definitely have a great photographic eye.

Kudos!

Regards

RFC

[/b]

3. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thank you RFC. I've looked at your pictures and they are wonderful. Your encouragement means a lot to me.

4. Thanks for sharing these wonderful captures Terri!! :D :D :D :D

5. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Bryan

You are so kind to always look and comment. I have got to spend more time commenting on other's work. You set a good example!!!!!

6. Nice Captures Terri!! It really does look like good horse country. :) :) I'm suprised to see the young moose out in the open like that - usually they stay seem to stay closer to the trees around here.

Thanks for sharing.

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Nikam,
    That moose surprised us too. I have never seen one out in the open like that before. As far as the horses--I think they have a most wonderful place to live, although they must be moved somewhere else in the winter. That area gets a great deal of snow.

8. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Great series, Terri! What a wonderful place to visit and for the horses to live! Your compositions are very well done.

9. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    you kept the clouds nicely. well done and keep shooting

10. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Don and Greg

That's just what I said when I was there, "If I was a horse I would want to live here!!!!"

And Greg--thanks for your comment. It was tricky keeping the clouds. I wish I could have a bit more contrast in them--but that is photoshop beyond my abilities!!

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Terri,

Your exposures look spot on to me. I wouldn't change a thing. Your post processing looks very good as well.

Excellent series.