Harriman State Park - Idaho

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    We visited Harriman State Park (near Yellowstone Park) on Saturday. Here are a couple of landscape shots from the trip.

Teton range in background below.

If you are visiting Yellowstone Park--this park is also worthy of a visit if you want to hike. The hikes we went on were very easy.

2. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Hi Terri,

Nice shots. I particularly like the picture with the horses.

You got still lots of snow there, I guess it's in relatively high altitude. I love to see so much greenery - where I live it's all dry by now.

Regards,

3. Hi Terri,

The number 3 is my favorite, very nice series.

Thanks for sharing.

4. Terri;

You live in a beautiful part of the country. Thanks for sharing those shots.

Brian

5. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks Heiko

There is a lot of snow yet. The Teton range is very high--about 13,000 ft. There is always snow there.

Thanks for your kind comments.

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thank you Harrie

Glad you enjoyed the series. It was such a beautiful day there.

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Brian,

I'm not too far from your part of the country. In fact, I'll be visiting SLC this weekend to see my daughter and grandson. Any recommendations on where I should go to take a few pictures?

I did Thanksgiving Point Gardens a few weeks ago.

http://www.pbase.com/terrif/thanksgiving_point

Do you have any online galleries of pictures from the Salt Lake area?

Thanks for looking.

8. kccheers

kccheers

May 2, 2005
    Liberty, Mo
    Hi Terri, I'm coming your way! We leave KC Friday morning for 10 days in Yellowstone and the Tetons, lenses in tow!

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    weather looking pretty good

We have had rain for weeks on end. I just looked at the 10 day forecast for Idaho Falls. It calls for rain off and on through the weekend--then it is supposed to get much nicer. Bring some warm clothes I bet it will only be in the 60s there next week. We are supposed to be in the low 70s here.

You'll have to expect some rain--but hopfully the big storms are gone.

Have a great time. We bought a season's pass to the national parks so I hope to get up there a lot this summer.

You'll have to share your pictures!!! I love both parks. I go every year and every time I go, I am still filled with wonder and amazement.

10. Love these Terri. The one with the horses really grates a nice mood. The 1st one is my favorite.

11. Beautiful pictures, and they bring back memories. That is one of my favorite places to fish (fly-fishing is my first love), but it's a long way from Virginia!