1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Harry Potter Mania

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Terri French, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Do you have photos of the release of the latest Harry Potter book to share?

I thought it would be fun to start a thread.....

I'll post first.

My daughter, Melissa, is 18 and grew up on the Harry Potter books. She has read all of them several times. She and two of her friends have been planning their activities for the release parties for quite some time. Here they were last night before they left for the parties at the book stores in town.

They each are dressed as a professor from the book.

original.

2. What fun! I'll bet the bookstores were really rocking last night!

I pre-ordered the book from Amazon.....and am so irritated right now because the UPS tracking record is saying that they delivered the book to my house yesterday afternoon -- well, if they did I sure didn't receive any package! Thing is, the book officially was to be released at 12:01 on Saturday the 21st (today) so I am a little suspicious of that delivery statement and am hoping that the book will magically appear on my doorstep today. If it doesn't show up, it's complaint time to both UPS and Amazon.,,,

3. Bill N

Bill N Guest

Great photo, Terri! I didn't manage any photos but I did have a half dozen kids come home with my 17 yr old daughter last night after they enjoyed the activities and picked up their new books. It was an all night reading party here. Almost noon, still have a couple still reading and I think I saw a couple of lumpy blankets on the LR floor that may have a teenager under them!! I'm glad there are still some good clean fun kind of things kids can get involved in. Take care, Bill

4. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    I totally agree! I can't wait until my kids are old enough to read the books and enjoy them as much as I have.

What a great picture, Terri! I bet they had a blast last night. My copy *should* be arriving today.

5. Excellent thread, great picture Terri.

Right before work at a Starbucks nearby in a major bookstore, they were the first girls in line, they had to have a coffee first to give some time for the book store people to prepare where they would be waiting...:eek: :biggrin:

HarryPotter.

Later in the evening shortly after dinner on my way home

View attachment 107052

Of course I had to step inside the store :smile:

View attachment 107053

The line inside the store was snaking up all the way to the third floor and outside it was ... well, just around the corner

View attachment 107054

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Amazing:>))

All great pics folks

7. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    Here is a photo illustration I made for our News Paper:
    [​IMG]

I had to recreate a bit of the book (for color reasons). This was b4 the realease of the book, so we couldn't get an actually photo of it. This was actually 3 separate studio shots that I put all into one and stuck it on a gradient background. Quite fun :smile:

It ran the full size of the paper minus the papers headline. Basically, it was HUGE and full color.

8. Went to Barnes & Noble and Hastings last night, although not for the Harry Potter festivities. I had to swim through the crowds (with a carseat and baby in hand) just to get in.

9. Super picture Terri, you really have this lighting thing down pat. Your daughter and friends are looking good.

10. Just think about all those people reading today!! I bet there are lots of people smiling all the way to the bank today, too! We had long lines in the stores in my small town last night.

11. Congratulations on your photo. It is great. Bet the newspaper looked wonderful.

12. Gordon,
    We hadn't got out all the studio stuff all summer. So decided to get it out this week. It's been fun to try it again. I've got a lot to learn, but what I did learn last winter is slowly coming back.

Didn't you get some lights?

Terri

13. No strobes but I do have 3 SB800's and 1 SB600.

14. You've got a lot more flexibility than I do with all those flashes. My old lights are so big a heavy that they are banished to my basement. I would probably not take them anywhere else. But, they work well and were free, so I'm not complaining. I may start collecting some more flashes to take places.

15. I thought it was amusing that our local supermarket had the book on the shelves (English version) on Friday!

No queues, except for the bread counter!

16. Terri,

Those are fantastic!!!! :biggrin:

I pre-ordered mine back in Feb, and came home today from a Scottish festival to find it sitting on the front porch. I'm off to read! :biggrin:

17. Excellent images!

There were small parties in most larger bookstores yesterday morning, but I didn't went so could not take photos. Julian collected the pre-ordered book early in the morning, and then sat in the same position all day to read it. He finished it later yesterday evening.

original.

18. She's almost finished....

original.
    Both Julian and Melissa seem pretty intense.........

19. The later images you posted are fantastic Terri, I just showed them to my daughter-in-law and she loved them. She has been reading all day interspersed with taking care of a 1 1/2 year old. It is kind of fun to see how intense they all get when reading this new HP book.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.