1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Harvard Mark IV (T-6 Texan)

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Northwood, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Northwood

Northwood

Mar 26, 2008
    Oregon
    Went to the Hillsboro Oregon airshow Friday for the late afternoon show. I was very impressed with the show put on by John Mrazek and his Harvard Mark IV. The Mark IV is the Canadian version of the T-6 Texan. Below are some of my favorite shots, all were taken in the early evening around 7:30pm or so.
    Shot with my D2xs and 80-400mm VR.

KEM_5083.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 237992

View attachment 237993

View attachment 237994

View attachment 237995

View attachment 237996

View attachment 237997

View attachment 237998

View attachment 237999

View attachment 238000

View attachment 238001

2. awesome shots
    looks like great fun

thanks for sharing these with us

3. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    I haven’t been to the Hillsboro air show since the late 1990's. Use to fly into it every year to see the Blue Angles. Now, I don’t think they come to Hillsboro every year. It’s every other year I think? I have a friend who owns a Harvard, and I’ve been up in it. He used to display it at the Hillsboro air show, but no longer does so.

You might want to try a slower shutter speed so that you blur the prop on propeller driven aircraft.

4. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Great Shots! Especially the blue sky, I can never get good skies at the airshows near me. Those T6 style planes are the best sounding of all.

5. Northwood

Northwood

Mar 26, 2008
    Oregon
    Thanks for looking!

The Blue angles show every other year like you said, they're in high demand. This Year it was the US Patriots flight team which was great but the L-39's don't compare to the noise and thrill of the F-18's. Thanks for the tip on the prop blur. Was my first attempt to shoot flying aircraft with props. I was actually trying to freeze the prop. heh :redface: The blur would have given a more dynamic look to the shot. Next time!

I agree on the sound of that engine. Watching this guy perform in that plane gave me goosebumps especially when the engine labored in a vertical climb.○:866:

6. PhotogWannabe

PhotogWannabe

Mar 19, 2007
    BC
    Nice shots. The weather at the Abbotsford Air Show was forecasted to be crummy so I only took my 16-85. Consequently, any shots I have are not quite as close as yours.

7. Very nice captures! I especially like 4 and 5 with the smoke...

8. Northwood

Northwood

Mar 26, 2008
    Oregon
    The airshow here was overcast on Saturday nd Sunday with a few cloud breaks. I lucked out by showing up for the Friday evening show which had mostly blue sky and great lighting for my slow 80-400mm.

Thank you Paul!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.