Has a thread been pulled and have I lost posts

This morning I went to add comment to a thread where I had been contributing. After opening the thread and writing my reply I pressed the post button and was met with a message along the lines of thread does not exist. It does not now for I have checked.

Without going into detail the thread was about legality of owning CS2 (unless you purchased it you do not legally have rights to download or use).

Apart from that when I checked my recent posts alerts it looked like I have lost more. I may be wrong but even quite old alerts missing!

So I guess I am asking was one post pulled for potential legal interpretation and could this have caused my loss of alerts?

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Tony,

To my knowledge your posts haven't been pulled. If we ever pull posts, it's for reasons that we always make known to the poster via a PM. I'm going to post a link to this thread in the Mod forum to see if we can find out what's going on. It could be a glitch in the system.

Thanks for letting us know.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Administrator
Real Name
Amin
Hi Tony, I had to delete the thread. If I deleted your posts only, I would have notified you. Since I deleted the thread, I notified the thread OP.

The reason I deleted the thread is that, in my opinion, it could have given someone the impression that we were encouraging illegal use of the software and serial # at the link provided.

This deletion should not affect your ability to receive alerts regarding other threads. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi Lyndee,
Thanks for your comments. I was not worried that I had been censored in any shape or form just that I could not understand where the post had gone since starting my reply and further in the Alerts box for show all it only showed one made last Friday. TBH as far as the Alerts go it could be just me having a senior moment (or brain fart!).

Hi Amin
Many thanks for the explanation. I agree entirely that it could give the wrong impression or encourage some to take a chance with illegal use. I am sure that absolutely no one involved in that thread had any intention of knowingly committing or encouraging others to involve themselves in any illegal activity.

Obviously any confusion was on my part not yours but thanks anyway

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom