Has anyone else seen these wildlife shots?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pa, Apr 4, 2007.

1. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    That is a huge animal indeed. Lucky nobody was dinner to this beast!

2. Whoa!
    Think it's time to look for another line of work!

3. It's time for a Reality Check

Ya' just gotta love these, like the 1,000 lb wild Pig last year. When I see this, off to Snopes I Go for the Real Story, and this ain't the Real Story.

Amazing how folks put these things together and they then become "the truth". Even funnier when the News Media picks them up without checking. Fun photos, just not true.

4. Yes, the alleged FPL employee standing behind the gator looks like he was cut and pasted into the picture.

Thanks for debunking this.

5. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    Now I know why I tolerate living up North.

6. yeouzza!!

7. Even though the snakes are Western Diamond backs that wouldn't be found in FL, that picture still gives me the shivers. Just NOT a big fan of snakes. :redface:

8. You think that's scary: how about this!!!!??? I shoot from a kayak all the time :eek: This shot is real!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007
  9. Per the Snopes link I posted above, these are identified as Desert Rattlesnakes by the California BLM. However, if you go to the referenced link itself, Here Be the Real Picture, while you can see that the culvert was actually in CA, it does not mention which type of snake.

10. Wow, no wonder our electricity bill is so high.

11. I want to know who brought the duck tape and taped the alligators mouth shut. :biggrin:

12. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Sandi, Where is the picture of the shark after it ate! LOL - Jeff

13. Anyone who spends any time around alligators wouldn't be standing behind one unless his mouth AND tail were both tied off. Gators can break your ankles or legs with their tails, so there was definitely some Photoshop work done...or the gator was dead.

14. YUP!!!!! :biggrin: Most dangerous thing around these parts for me are married men, bratty kids and barking neighbourhood dogs! I couldn't imagine living where there are poisonous/dangerous creatures living a few feet from your doorstep.... gators, snakes, spiders, cougars (OK, we have THOSE here but the feminine kind :wink:).