Has anyone heard from GeeJay....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Just checking if anyone has heard from Gaye?
    I got an EMail from her at 05:30 this morning saying that they had lost power and she was having a bumpy ride of it.
    I know last night the eye of the storm was forcast to hit land about 20 miles south of her... so in my books that just toooo close.

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I haven't heard from her but I think i have her number. I'll try to call.

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Called, got voicemail immediately. Left a message for her to call back or post on the cafe if possible. I'll keep everyone updated if I hear anything.

Thanks,

4. Thanks Patrick:
    I tried to call earlier myself and did not get anything...
    Now with you getting voice-mail... She might be out shopping. Gaye tells me she shop's when she gets nervous....lol
    Na.... even Gaye wouldn’t shop in the middle of a Hurricane... would she...
    (Just kidding)

I wonder if the voice mail is housed with the phone company of just one she has in her house?
    Her early morning mail did tell me that she was okay so far and would contact me later in the day...
    If I hear anything I will post a note to this thread.

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Ya, I was thinking of her too. she was right in the middle of the worst of the storm. Hope she's ok and checks in soon!

6. Hi all,

I heard from Gaye around 9 a.m. Although her house lost electric power early this morning, her backup generator kicked in and her internet connection remained active.

Unfortunately, the wind caused some damage to one side of her house, but she's smart enough not to go out and check on it until it's all over. Her house has steel shutters over all the windows/doors, and her garage door is heavily reinforced, so she's as fortified as can be against major damage. She doesn't live near the water, so wind damage is the major concern.

One problem she faced was that she couldn't take her 3 dogs outside to do their business and couldn't get them to go on her makeshift inside location.

I'm sure we'll hear from her as soon as she's able to communicate with us.

Glenn

P.S. The kind of shopping that Gaye pursues when nervous isn't done at the mall, and often results in less room in her camera bags.

7. Thanks for the update Glenn. I've been thinking of Gaye and it's good to hear she is okay.

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Glenn. I do get to worrying about Cafe folk when they drop off without a word. I'm glad that enough of us know others personally that we can keep tabs the old fashioned way, if need be!

9. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that she's okay.

10. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

11. Thanks for the update. Sounds like a bit of a rough ride for her as it is for so many people in that area. I hope she continues to remain safe and sound.

12. marc

marc Guest

living in south fl. was not fun on monday

hurricane wilma passed directly over naples and traveled across the state

again directly over the palm beach , area.

miami and everything north on the east coast for about 70 miles, is or was totally without electric. about 5 million people, many elderly

yesterday, the day after, most grocery stores were operating on generator power and were open for business, of course you needed a car and gas.
    gas is in very short supply, and massive lines some stretching miles, were seen.

it was a terrible hurricane, and although we were given plenty of warning, the severity of the winds, was incredible.

i know, pebbles kicked up by the wind shattered 6 windows in my SUV, the worst part it is brand new. the stones also leave little dents in the metal.

yesterday got lucky and found a glass place that replaced some of the windows. $2000 dollars.

well, things in south fl. are difficult, but we are resilient and have gone thru this over and over.

i am sure gaye is ok, phone service at best is very spotty and difficult, she may have a generator as many people do but, her prioities are probably causing her to overlook, the internet right now. i do not know her personally, but she will be back and join the forum again.

has anyone herd from BERGER, he lives in palm beach area, there ARE MANY FROM FL. HERE everyone justs needs time to get back there lives.

i am writing this post from a hotel in daytona beach, on my way north for a few weeks. it could be as long as a month for all services to be restored.

marc