1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Has Anyone Seen This?

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by aman17, Aug 5, 2008.

1. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    Has anyone ever seen a dragon like this?If you look on the tail doesn't it look like hearts?I thought i was crazy.

DSC_5901.

2. Looks like a male Celithemis elisa.

Cheers

3. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Excellent Arnie. That's a beautiful dragonfly. If you can catch the female you could show us a yellow version too.:wink:

4. gorgeous
    amazing the knowledge here about these creatures
    just wonderful

thanks for sharing

5. Fantastic shot. The beauty of those in Odonata amaze me. You can only wonder what selection process generated this complexity.

6. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    Thanks so much for the info Harry

7. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
  8. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    Well tobin I'm on my way(LOL) Thanks

9. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    Well Thank you Greg

10. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA

Amazing Isn't it John,thanks for looking

11. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
  12. Nice shot, Arnie!

It´s a very beautiful Dragon! I also shot a heart marked Damsel couple of weeks ago. The thing with that one was that all the other shots of the species I have got don´t show a similar heart shape...

13. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    Hi Jukka,It seems all the ones I've shot had the hearts .Strange thing.Well now I'll be more aware of them.Thanks for the comment

14. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Beautiful Dragon.......

15. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    Thanks Paul and I was so sorry to hear about your gear loss.Hopefully the theives will be caught and given there due

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.