has anyone sold a 28mm f1.4

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Scott Sherman, Apr 23, 2005.

1. I hear lots of praise for the 28/1.4 lens but I am wondering if anyone here has purchased the lens and found that they did not use it enough (or like it enough to justify the cost) and after using it for a bit decide to sell it.

I am guessing that not many will respond that they did, but in considering the purchase of this lens, I am investigating by what ever means I have available and this question has not been asked (as far as I know).

Also if you fall into this catagory and want to sell me one, please let me know.

2. Scott,

I bought one from Cameta on eBay, but after using it and talking to some of the folks on DPReview, I decided that it was defective and it went back. I couldn't find another one at that price so I didn't get one. Like you, I've been mulling getting another one for some time. I was at an event today that where I really could have used one, so I now 90% sure that I'm going to drop the $ once B&H opens again and get a new one. I thought that I could get away with the 17-55 for low light situations, but not today. I had better luck with my 85 f/1.4. I was shooting between 1.4 and 1.8 for most of the shots. Here's one at 1/40 at f/1.4

3. I mentioned in another thread that I am on the fence in my decision to buy one and just needed a little nudge one way or the other. I guess you could call this a nudge also.

I am surprised at how many people here own this little jewel of a lens as expensive as it is. It seems there are a whole bunch of people who have this very expensive and somewhat specialized (or exotic as they say) lens.

The interesting thing is that none of them have ever said that they regreted the decision to buy once they own it and you can not seem to find any used for sale anywhere including ebay which is amazing.

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. If you buy the lens from Cameta, even though they have their warranty, Nikon still covers it for 30 days. I got such a good deal on the 200 micro that I really did not want to send it back to Cameta. So I sent it to Nikon. It took two trips back and forth, which they paid the freight, but they completely made good on the lens. I also have spoken to Nikon reps and if it goes back a third time, you get a new one! I may be worth the Wait. i saved about $500 on the micro 200!

GenoP

6. Tom_Kline

Tom_Kline

Apr 24, 2005
    Alaska
    The Sigma 30 1.4 may be a better performer at a lesser price.
    Tom