1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Has there been a Cafe meetup?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danameless, Aug 11, 2009.

1. danameless

danameless

May 9, 2009
    NYC
    Just curious, has there been a gathering/meet-up of any kind for Cafe members? I've seen this happen in other forums, and there are some talented people on here that I wouldn't mind spending a few hours shooting with and probably learn a ton from - so wondering if that has been setup before?

2. Yes, there have been a few. I think mostly out your way and the east in general. I haven't seen many/any out here on the left coast.

3. Check out the 5 "Special Sessions" sections at the bottom of the main page.
    Nan & I have done 5 of the Merritt Island Shoots and they are a lot of fun.

Bob & Nan

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Lots of informal meetings. A couple months ago I got together with a couple other Cafe film shooters in southern California. We have had organized field trips here in Arizona, but not for a few years now. I think it's time for another!

5. User

User

Mar 23, 2009
    Nevada
    I've saw someone in Yosemite with NikonCafe hat. But they looked busy so I didn't say hi.

6. We need to do a SoCal meetup.. maybe plan a "Cafe Hike" at Joshua Tree NP.

7. Now that would be fun. If the dates are right, I'd be in.

God Bless,
    David

8. User

User

Mar 23, 2009
    Nevada
    I've been looking for another excuse to go out to Joshua Tree.

It's probably my fav climbing area.

9. My son lives in SoCal and I'm coming out for a visit the last week of September and 1st week of October. Anyone want to set one up for that time frame? I fly in on September 29 and leave 8 days later. Only day fixed for another event is Sunday, October 4 for the air show at Miramar.

10. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    JiN,

In NY, we've done the following open to all Cafe gatherings:
    Bronx Zoo (x2),
    Wolf Conservation Center in So. Salem (x2),
    Mohonk,
    NYC night bridges at night,
    Coney Island Mermaid Parade (x2),
    and Wave Hill Gardens in the Bronx.

Perhaps a couple more that I can't remember.

It's definitely time to set up a new one.

11. Let's do it! I know that Edwardneal lives around the area and there's quite a few Cafenians who live in LA (Jonathan, imagemaker...to name a few) Maybe we'll borrow the Nikon Cafe flag and take a group shot! Should be a great meet.

12. As I said, if the dates are right, I can go. Right now I am in the process of moving from Nevada to Port Hueneme for my next duty station. I will be there in late September for a school starting in October. After Oct 15 would be great for me. Any sooner, I'd have to wait for another trip.

God Bless,
    David

13. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Port Hueneme! I would say you lucked out. A great area, great places to shoot starting with Pt. Mugu and working from there. Good luck with your move.

14. danameless

danameless

May 9, 2009
    NYC
    I missed the others, so I think it's definitely time for a new gathering! From what I see, there are plenty of people from the tri-state area in the cafe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.