Hasselblad 500?

I have an opportunity to get a Hasselblad 500 from a pro (duh) who used it to shoot weddings for decades. What would a fair price be, and can I still get film & develop it? Works great, has the 120mm back and zeiss lens in excellent shape.

ive seen alot for around $500-1000, maybe more or less depending on the lens and overal shape of the camera. and yes you can still get film and get it developed.

If you develop your own film, it's a great way to go. If you don't, check around first to see who in your area does 120 film, and check the costs.

Are you planning on shooting B&W or color?

I sold this lot for $1150 last year. Hope this gives you some idea for pricing.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

If you have never used a medium format camera be ready for some pleasant surprises. You should have no issues finding film and there are plenty available at professional camera stores.
Medium format, by offering a larger negative will give you sharper pictures full of details, especially big enlargements.
Try to stick to low ISO film if you are going to be enlarging to sizes like 20x24, a piece of cake with these cameras. That will keep an acceptable grain in your prints.
I like Tri-X and I did lots of testing to find out, with my Pentax gear, the appropriate ISO to expose it and the best development time for the highlights. I can tell you right now that I ended up with a significant departure from the times given by the manufacturers of film and development. I used Rodinal with T-Max 100 at the time, but you can use HC-110 Sol. B with Tri-X for beautiful negatives, like old Ansel Adams used to do.
For the best of both worlds you should scan some of the negatives. It will allow you to make corrections without being in the darkroom and those corrections you will not be able to duplicate them in the darkroom anyway.
Good luck and enjoy medium format photography.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom