Hasselblad/Sony RX100

I love the "real" Hasselblads. They were at the top of the class before digital and the H series since is awesome. I had a film 500 CM as well as an H1 with a Phase One digital back. Awesome equipment and lenses to die for.
But starting with the Lunar and now this, they just give the impression to be squeezing the last dollars out of a revered name.
Take some mid-stream gear, pimp it up a bit and call it a "Hasselblad". Once the novelty wears off and the few rich kids who have no idea really of what they get for their $$$ are gone, it'll die a quick death.
What a shame to end this way.

I love the "real" Hasselblads. They were at the top of the class before digital and the H series since is awesome. I had a film 500 CM as well as an H1 with a Phase One digital back. Awesome equipment and lenses to die for.
But starting with the Lunar and now this, they just give the impression to be squeezing the last dollars out of a revered name.
Take some mid-stream gear, pimp it up a bit and call it a "Hasselblad". Once the novelty wears off and the few rich kids who have no idea really of what they get for their $$$ are gone, it'll die a quick death.
What a shame to end this way.
Heck, I got bummed out big time when Kodak went belly up!
My Dad was also an amateur photographer and some of my first memories as a toddler are playing with one of his metal film bottles. Can any of you remember when you opened your box of Kodachrome there was a metal screw on cap bottle which contained the actual film canister? I've still got a prepaid Kodachrome mailer pouch that's never been used (it's made of cotton with a wax paper label). :frown:
Bobby

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom