Have I gone too far?

Hi there everyone. For those who don't know me, I am a sharp glass tragic. I spent years trying to find the perfect lens for my application, Cricket photography, and the wash up is after 50-500, 120-300 with TC's etc. I bought the lens I should have in the first place, the 400 f/2.8 AF-S 11 Nikon.
It is a dream lens, and of course cost me a few dollars on top to buy the full Wimberly head to support the mother!
I get obsesive about things and this is the result, have I gone too far?:smile:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D

Dave_Canada

gone too far that depends did you have to sell a car to buy it :eek:
I can only dream I would buy one in an instant if I could afford it but sadly i'll have to drool on my keyboard for now :Smoking:

Hi there everyone. For those who don't know me, I am a sharp glass tragic. I spent years trying to find the perfect lens for my application, Cricket photography, and the wash up is after 50-500, 120-300 with TC's etc. I bought the lens I should have in the first place, the 400 f/2.8 AF-S 11 Nikon.
It is a dream lens, and of course cost me a few dollars on top to buy the full Wimberly head to support the mother!
I get obsesive about things and this is the result, have I gone too far?:smile:

That piece of glass should spot those darned insects at 100 yards! :505: :505: :505: :505: :505: :505: :505: :505: :505: :505: :505: :505:

Answers to all so far

Ok, I will respond to every one that begs one.
1.Didn't sell a car, but I don't own or buy new cars, just old bomb ones that get me from A to B, but that is just me.
2. Not insects, but it does a pretty good job on little birds.:wink:

3. Yes, money is essential to buy glass, food, shelter, transport etc., but how you prioritize it is the individual's choice.:cool:
4. No the stickers on the lens hoods were designed, composed in photoshop and printed by me. All the Canon shooters I know have big red lettering "Canon" on their hoods, so a bit of friendly fire back at them. :smile:
5. Nikon doesn't pay me a cent, maybe I should ask them?
6.Version 1 of this lens is said to be sharper by some. Yes, very proud of my glass. :biggrin:
7. I do love it but I am always asked if I am compensating for part of my anatomy. Asked my wife and she didn't think so. :377:
8. The light grey colour keeps it cooler in the Australian summer as I am often out in the heat shooting cricket.:370:
9. The square thing would be another Nikon masterpiece, my D2X.:smile:

Thanks Zach.

For the link.
Connie, whilst I feel for Mitch, I never leave my gear unattended, even if I stop at one of my childrens homes, I always carry the gear in with me, even if I am there for 20 minutes for a cuppa. At games, there is a delegated person to look after the teams "valuables"......all of this we do to be on the safe side to stop any one from temptation. I still maintain that Australia is a very safe place to live in.
I have to ask you though, Your avatar shows a very expensive lens, 200 f/2? Isn't that a temptation for other photographers who know where you frequent? I can't quite follow your logic of "here I am with an expensive lens, but don't anyone else post an image of one" :confused:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom