Have you ever...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BourbonCowboy, May 9, 2007.

1. washed a CF card in a load of laundry? Did it still work? or did you have to trash it?

Apparently, I'm getting dumber with age. I just washed one of my Extreme III cards. I haven't tested it yet, since it's not quite dry. Fortunately, it was only a 1G card - and they seem to be getting cheaper.

2. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    They work quicker, I swear :) I've washed all of my cards! lol

3. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

No. Have you ever dropped one in the toilet? Me either...

Unrelated...I have a 2gb Sandisk Extreme II for sale...

4. Heh...I read the title to this thread and thought of the drinking game...

And no, I haven't done that yet... Notice my use of "yet"? Yeah, it's gonna happen some day...

5. Mark, I've never laundered a card (yet), but I think it would be a good idea to let it air dry thoroughly (for a few days) before trying it in a camera. Losing a card is one thing, but frying your cam is a whole 'nother deal.

Hope your weekend goes better than the last several days have/1

6. Nope. But if I ever do, it's sewer bound - unless it's a big card. I'm not goin in there for less than 8Gs.

7. Thanks Dave. I've had better weeks. I'll probably leave the card to dry for a week. I'm not sure what's inside the card, but I do know that it's difficult for a lot of air to get to it. I've got a couple other cards that I can use, so it's no big rush.

I've just got to start paying attention to the things I do.

8. brownie2d2x

brownie2d2x Guest

I've washed a CF card and my cell phone! Both are still working. Took the phone apart and dried it for a couple days. :redface:

9. I once dropped my cell phone in the toilet - still works. My CF cards have been spared that humiliating fate so far :biggrin:

Cheers

10. AISBLE

AISBLE

Nov 29, 2006
    RI
    Mark, I haven't washed any CF cards, but I did wash two USB memory sticks about two days apart. Neither one of them worked after the cleaning. The PC would recognize the sticks initially and then freeze, couldn't read or write to them.
    I've now stopped putting them in my shirt pockets.:redface:

11. A daughter washed a USB stick (One with a cap on) and it worked flawlessly when checked. That was 6 months ago and is still working. I think she got lucky this time.

Rob

12. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    I've never had that happen ( cross my fingers ) but I did wash a few pair of pants with bills inside :biggrin:

13. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    simple answer to everyone, quit washing clothes... and you'll quit washing your gadgetry...