Have you seen a super price

Hi Jarrell, I rarely see 2GB cards but have bought a couple of 1BG cards at Costco. The first one I got for $79 the the second one later for $89. Here where I live, Costco seems to that the best price.

$138 seems pretty good, I paid closer to $175 for my last Ultra II. I've got two of them now and really it's not enough storage for shooting with the D2x unless I bring along a PSD, but I think I'm going to wait for the 4GB prices to come down some.

That's a good price!

greyflash said:
Hi Jarrell, I rarely see 2GB cards but have bought a couple of 1BG cards at Costco. The first one I got for $79 the the second one later for $89. Here where I live, Costco seems to that the best price.
We don't have a Costco here in Macon, but we do have a Sams Club. I wonder if they have it. I'd settle for a couple of 1gb.
Thanks Gordon.
Jarrell

Jarrell said:
We don't have a Costco here in Macon, but we do have a Sams Club. I wonder if they have it. I'd settle for a couple of 1gb.
Thanks Gordon.
Jarrell

You can go to Costco on line if they don't have them at Sam's Club.

Jay Luto said:
I just received another 4GB Kingston Elite Pro from Dell. With two different discounts, total was $185 w/ free S&H
I missed this deal last time around, didn't read the info closely and assumed it was their slow CF cards which I'm not really interested it. How does the speed of the Kingston Elite Pro compare to something like the Sandisk Ultra II? At that price it wouldn't have to be quite as fast for me to be happy, but I wouldn't want it to be 2-3 times slower either.

J

JMartin

Jarrell said:
I'd settle for a couple of 1gb.
Thanks Gordon.
Jarrell

Jarrell,

Check the B&H site. I bought a 1gb Lexar 80x (on Aug. 15th) for under $100 and they had a $40 mail in rebate... I mention B&H because none of the other sites I check mentioned the rebate that morning. I think my price after rebate was like $57.

I know the rebate was going on for a couple weeks, so it may still be happening. :confused:

Joe

JeffKohn said:
I missed this deal last time around, didn't read the info closely and assumed it was their slow CF cards which I'm not really interested it. How does the speed of the Kingston Elite Pro compare to something like the Sandisk Ultra II? At that price it wouldn't have to be quite as fast for me to be happy, but I wouldn't want it to be 2-3 times slower either.
Jeff,

As per Rob Galbraith testing, Elite Pro is a bit slower then Ultra II but a lot of D2X users reporting "no difference".

D2X testing w/ RAW format

SanDisk Ultra II 2GB - 6.827MB/sec
Kingston Elite Pro 2GB - 6.229MB/sec

Price is definitely RIGHT !

Ibn

Not a bad price for those times.

BTW, Dell just had some 4 GB Ultra IIs on sale. Priced at around $280ish.

S

saturnine

JeffKohn said:

Most people only talk about how fast the Sandisk Ultra II is..and only compare using those cards. I have only ever bought Kingston Elite Pro cards and I've used a Sandisk in my D70 before. I could not tell the difference; plus Kingston has a lifetime warranty for all its Elite Pro cards. Even with a 4x card, no one would be able to tell either, unless you're shooting in super high burst mode or something. The buffers for today's dSLR's are huge that it doesn't really matter what kind of media card you use.

Jay Luto said:
Jeff,

As per Rob Galbraith testing, Elite Pro is a bit slower then Ultra II but a lot of D2X users reporting "no difference".

D2X testing w/ RAW format

SanDisk Ultra II 2GB - 6.827MB/sec
Kingston Elite Pro 2GB - 6.229MB/sec

Price is definitely RIGHT !
You're right, I think I could definitely live with that speed difference considering the price. Too bad I missed it, hopefully there will be similar deals in the future.

Dell is running the deal on the Kinston Elite 4GB cards again:

Dell Home is carrying this 4GB CompactFlash Card for $276.99
During checkout, apply 25% off Flash Memory coupon code "W?6QSHGVWPW6WS" on it (Expires 09/08/2005 @ 5:59AM CDT or after 2000 redemptions)
During checkout, apply $20 off $150+ coupon code "89341NKX9BR41B" on it (Expires 09/08/2005 @ 5:59AM CDT or after 7000 redemptions)
Dell Home is offering Free Shipping on $29 or more
Your Final Price: $276.99 - 25% - $20 = $187.74 + Free Shipping

(clipped from edealinfo.com)

A

alanglazier

Best deals can be found on-line at

http://www.techbargains.com and http://digitaldeals.net

When the good deals happen, you will see them at these sites. Often they have short expirations, but I have gotten a couple Kingston 2GB cards for under $140 from Buy.com after rebate this way.

Both of them have RSS feeds that I watch through Sharpreader. That way the deals come to me instead of me having to go looking.

Alan

JeffKohn said:
Dell is running the deal on the Kinston Elite 4GB cards again:

Dell Home is carrying this 4GB CompactFlash Card for $276.99
During checkout, apply 25% off Flash Memory coupon code "W?6QSHGVWPW6WS" on it (Expires 09/08/2005 @ 5:59AM CDT or after 2000 redemptions)
During checkout, apply $20 off $150+ coupon code "89341NKX9BR41B" on it (Expires 09/08/2005 @ 5:59AM CDT or after 7000 redemptions)
Dell Home is offering Free Shipping on $29 or more
Your Final Price: $276.99 - 25% - $20 = $187.74 + Free Shipping

(clipped from edealinfo.com)

Jeff,

There you go. This is the same deal !

Latest threads

Top Bottom