1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hawk in for the kill

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Anthony747, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Hi All, I was out early this morning to get some shots of my ospreys who recently arrived, but as soon as I got to the nest they both flew off for some breakfast. As I waited for them to return, I noticed a hawk on the opposite building and it seemed pretty calm as I approached it, and I was able to get a few shots. Then suddenly the hawk quickly flew off and return in no more than 20 seconds to the same spot with its kill…a poor little bird, but that is nature. I think this is a juvenile cooper’s hawk, please correct me if I’m wrong.

Thanks for looking.
    Anthony

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Awww looks like one of those pesty Mocking birds for breakfast.
    Super shots..
    Good shootin

3. WOW! you must have been pretty darned close! Great shots!

4. Great shots! Yup, everything has to have dinner sometime... culls the weak and slow.

5. Thanks Gale!

Anthony

6. Thanks CA!

Anthony

7. Hi Sandi, I couldn't believe how fast this hawk pounced on this little bird and returned.

Anthony

8. superb feather detail Anthony, really impressive !

9. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Great shots Anthony. Must have been exciting.

10. Timeout

Timeout

May 23, 2006
    SoCal
    Wonderful work, Anthony! You have good overall lighting on the hawk with no sharp shadows; looks really good.

I have to admit it's a bit hard for me to stomach the predator to prey thing at times, but as you and Sandi mention, everything has to eat and that is nature.

11. Thank you Randy, Hunter and Miko!

Anthony

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.