Hawk shots......

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Im thinking this is dark morph, but have no idea what kind of hawk, my birdy book didnt help much. First morning light and of course most shots with light to back, but hey its a shot. LOL

All shot with H this time with 500mm and not on tripod, urgh.....out the window. :smile:

original. original. original. View attachment 17253

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2005
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Keith.

Wish I had had some light today.

Looks like same Hawk Kevin and I shot at Viera today.

But not enough light for me.

Sure would like to identify that Hawk.

3. Keith
    Very well done bad lighting conditions and all.

4. Keith

The first one is a killer shot.

BTW, I did stop at Brackendale a couple of weeks ago, but it was too early for the eagles. I did see a western grebe, canada geese and seals... I am going to try Brackendale again in mid november.

The highlight was the northern harriers at the reiffel bird sanctuary. If you wait around all afternoon you have a reasonable chance that one will fly over you.

Regards,

5. it kills me when you can do better out the window without a tripod than I can with my tripod. must be skill
    love em keith and I think it is a redtail hawk (dark western phase)
    Dave

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    All very nice Keith. I don't think that the backlighting hurt you at all on these.

Well done. :smile:

7. Pretty amazing, given the conditions. You have a lot of details in there.

8. I agree with the others. These are great and I can't believe you can get such quality out the window. Nice job.

I was wondering Rory if we have any eagles on the Skagit yet. My guess is no, if you don't have any up your way. I would love to go up when you and Andreas go.

Thanks for sharing these Keith.

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Real nice Raptor shots........ and a Morph is what I go with :smile:

10. We have a couple of eagles around nanaimo, but I think we are a month away yet...

11. Callie

Callie Guest

Keith
    Very nice, great eye-contact, cant help with the ID
    Regards

12. That first shot is fantastic. Of course, I like that goose shot as well... :biggrin:

13. Thanks Everyone, appreciate all the nice comments, feels good to be out shooting again! :smile:

14. Hi Rory, let me know how you make out in November, Im looking forward this winter for that trip, should be a ton of fun!!! Im in no rush for time to go by though, LOL...............man these year has flown, Im still waiting for summer :eek: Every morning been waking up to a blanket of white frost and she is chilly!

15. Dave, your too modest. LOL..............have to say the H is a little more forgiving :biggrin: , nice when it works out once in a while...........