Hawk

Discussion in 'Birds' started by sbuttrick, Jul 17, 2005.

1. While eating dinner tonight, my wife, son and I got a rare treat. This fine fellow decided to have his (or her) dinner too. I grabbed the D2X which had the 300 f4 / TE14 already mounted. No time to look for the tripod so I opened a window, rested the lens up against the casing and started shooting.

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wow Scott. He must have been really close to get this full in the frame. Well done. :wink:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wow he is gorgeous.

4. What a great shot, Scott! And such a beautiful bird! Very well done!!!

5. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Fantastic!! Wonderful detail and contrast. Been wanting to catch one of these myself but they are usually flying too high for me to get anything discernable. I've often wondered if there was a way to attract them WITHOUT using any living creatures. When I do see them close enough, they are usually watching our birdfeeders and you can always tell there is a hawk around by the lack of activity around the feeders. I just can't grab a lens fast enough. How close was he/she?

6. Nice shot. Very sharp.

7. WOW great shot sure wish one woudl come vist me soon

8. super capture. I had a Coopers Hawk fly across my car into a tree in my neighborhood yesterday, but it was a rare time I didnt have my camera. Still, wouldnt have gotten a shot like this.

9. Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I have had a mother hawk living in the back tree line for a couple of years. She has had at least one baby in that time. We saw mom and baby last summer. This was the first time I had any chance of getting a photo. Frank, I wish I could say I got that close, but the image is about an 80% crop. I have been very impressed with my new 300mm f4 Nikkor, very sharp even with the TC14 on it.

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    WOW....I think that, pretty much, sums it up! 8)

11. Amazing detail for 80% crop. Excellent capture, and a beautiful bird!

Keith

12. jaminphoto

jaminphoto

Jul 7, 2005
    SF Bay area
    Really cool catch.

--ricardo

13. Nice shootin!! :D :D