Hawkmoths in flight. Attempt 2

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Bob the Spiderman, May 5, 2007.

1. Having made a complete mess of the firest post I came to the conclusion that I was making it too complicated, and have therefore amended the titles and also the way that we post the URLs. This has just worked fine on Pam's post in Landscapes so let us hope it works here.

My apologises if you have seen 2 of them before but I thought that some of the newer members may like to see them,

Number 1.

Hummingbird Hawkmoth feeding from the left hand side.

[​IMG]

Number 2, As above, but coming from the right. I have this as my desktop wallpaper on my laptop and really like it.

[​IMG]

Number 3. A Broad Bordered Bee Hawkmoths. Notice the way this moth actually supports itself by resting the front legs on the flower.

[​IMG]

Number 4. This is a rather rare hawkmoth that I just managed to snap as it took off.

[​IMG]

Number 5. Again a HBHM but showing how they start to unfurl their tongue before they reach the flower.

[​IMG]

Bob F.

2. Yep, all photos shown up okay.

Again, beautiful captures.

3. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Super shots! Been hoping to catch a butterfly in my garden but, as yet, it's not happened!

4. Look out for one of my posts to come, BUT I can tell you now that trying to catch a butterfly in flight is so difficult, that it becomes almost impossible.

Bob F.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Number 4 is double wow
    See them all now:>)))
    Well done.

6. rlhaas

rlhaas

Jan 24, 2007
    Everett, WA
    Great captures! Your timing to get these shots is pretty incredible. I think the first and the last one are my favorites.

7. I love these pictures.

No.4 was taken in our garden, the rest are by the swimming pool during our holiday in France
    Oh what a good holiday that was.:cool: :890: :645:

Pam

8. Bob, well done, capturing insects in flight is NOT easy as you well know, so even though some of them are not in absolute perfect focus they show the movement well. I like #4 and #5 most, #2 is also really cool.